Notary Rotary
Laser Printer Sale at Staples
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by JerryhFL on 3/8/09 3:36pm
Msg #280029

Staples has an HP P2015D on sale for $199.00 plus tax.

Can anyone recommend this printer. It has 32k of memory, however I am thinking of adding more so that when I get PDF files it will print the file faster. Of course I am assuming that it's my printer that is slow, not the way the files were scanned.

Any input would be helpful.

Reply by A S Johnson on 3/8/09 8:12pm
Msg #280036

Is this a lazer or inkjet?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/8/09 8:17pm
Msg #280037

The 2015 is a laser... n/m

Reply by Michelle/AL on 3/8/09 9:05pm
Msg #280038

Jerry, I have the P2015dn and I love it.

I don't know how it differs from the one you are considering. I think the memory is about the same and I haven't had a need to make it any faster. I just switched from HP toner to generic and so far so good.

Reply by Les_CO on 3/8/09 9:10pm
Msg #280039

I have a 2015x..It’s the 2015dn with a second tray. Works fine on XP…maybe now (newer) it will work on Vista (mine over a year old works on Vista, but I have to use the generic drivers, and don’t have the HP toolbox. The disk that came with the printer will not install on Vista.) I think this printer would work fine for you…just print everything on legal. Mine cost over $600…there is a substantial difference in the cost of legal over letter….you can buy a lot of legal paper for $400 difference in printer cost.
Before I bougnt more memory.... I'd try it. The memory for that printer is expensive!

Reply by ZoeyOR on 3/9/09 2:02am
Msg #280048

Is this printer a dual tray?

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 3/9/09 7:43am
Msg #280054

I have a 2015 and its great, it's smaller then the older printers. Hate to sound stupid but I'm not a computer person and didn't know I could bump up the memory??? I knew I could do it with the computer. I'll have to call HP, thanks.

Reply by sue_pa on 3/9/09 7:50am
Msg #280055

I have a P2015 and HATE it. I've had it about a year - had to make a mad dash to O.Max last year when they opened on a Monday a.m. because my HP4100 bit the dust over the weekend - thanks to the cat. It is a little cheap thing. Every time I open the drawer to insert paper - which is quite often since it doesn't even hold a ream - it feels like it's giong to break. There is no window to tell you what's going on - just a little row of buttons that light up and you're supposed to know what a triangle with a "!" in the middle is supposed to mean. If you don't print much, it's probably okay but now that things have picked up, I'm going to purchase another 4100 - a world of difference.

Reply by Julie/MI on 3/9/09 10:24am
Msg #280067

Sue, you are a printer snob!

just like me. Our friend from ohio recommended a dude that has 4100's. I got mine 2 years ago, dual tray with only 32,000 copies. It is awesome! Didn't know about the P2015, I would have probably ripped it apart with my bare hands as I did with my Dell commerical crappy printer that DH suggested.

I get my refills from some other dude on ebay called: weshipforadollar

Reply by Linda Juenger on 3/10/09 11:02am
Msg #280166

I too have the 4100. I love it. n/m

Reply by RedBaron/IN on 3/9/09 10:01am
Msg #280062

I bought a P2015dn last March and then added an extra tray to print on the size of paper required. We have two computers that network to the printer. I buy only HP cartridges as my guru recommended. I have had no problems. The best price for cartridges is Amazon. Buy over $100 and free shipping which includes books & other items. I now recycle the cartridges with OfficeMax for $3 credit each. Other office supply stores offer much the same.

Question? Will increasing the memory decrease the printing time for scanned docs?

Reply by MsM/CT on 3/9/09 10:17am
Msg #280064

Re: I'm sure these are liquidation prices...

HP might not be manufacturing anymore of these.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.