Notary Rotary
Loan Docs All on Legal Paper
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Abraham Sandoval on 3/17/09 4:24pm
Msg #281009

is it ok to put all loan docs on legal paper?

Reply by jba/fl on 3/17/09 4:30pm
Msg #281011

yes n/m

Reply by TRG_wy on 3/17/09 4:44pm
Msg #281015

Well, it really depends on local requirements too. Many county recorders are moving away from legal size documents due to the storage and transfer to digital formats. I know of three counties that do not allow legal size at all anymore.

The other side of the coin is that in my cost analysis between standard and legal paper purchased by the case is that it costs 53% more for legal size.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/17/09 4:52pm
Msg #281016

The industry requirement is for docs to be printed on legal paper, unless you have a dual-tray printer. There are a lot of notaries who don't use dual-tray. Costco is a great source for legal paper at a reasonable price.

Reply by ChristineHI on 3/17/09 8:38pm
Msg #281044

Well normally it is ok unless they specify differently, however, in Hawaii, if we don't put the mortgage aka: deed of trust, on letter the title company gets charged extra for it. Many title companies will actually cut down the document if it comes to them in legal form to avoid the extra cost the county recorder will charge.
I usually print everything on legal except for the deed of trust. I prefer legal because it also gives me more room and it is easier to read.

Reply by Abraham Sandoval on 3/17/09 10:00pm
Msg #281059

thanks all for the help

Reply by doglover/CA on 3/17/09 11:24pm
Msg #281072

Most of the lenders I have dealt with lately say to print the loan docs on all legal size paper if you don't have a dual tray printer. I have printed out a few loan packages where the lenders instructed to only print on letter size paper.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.