Notary Rotary
Magicjack
Notary Discussion History

Magicjack
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Richard Ingram on 3/3/09 11:46am
Msg #279321

Magicjack

Input from anyone using Magicjack (Voice of Internet Protocol) would be appreciated. For $20.00 a year this seems like a bargain. I have several friends who are very happy using it as a second phone line but I would like to use it with my laptop and to cut down on cell phone expenses. I know there are some very bright signing agents that are using this technology and saving money and would value any information.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/3/09 11:49am
Msg #279324

Try the orange search button. It has been discussed before.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 3/3/09 11:54am
Msg #279325

Mine worked well for a few months, now I seem to have connectivity problems that they can't seem to work out.
I'd say wait until the technology is a little better if you are looking for something dependable.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 3/3/09 12:19pm
Msg #279332

Richard, I run my offices on VoIP and only have local lines

for DSL and to have a local number in the Cities where my offices are. I Use Via Talk and have for several years now. I don't seem to have the propblems many others do and the cost is substantially less than many of the others. I use a virtual FAX so it seems the FAX issues are irrelevant to me. My primary business is real estate and I originate loans as well as selling insurance and a variety of other services including tax preparation. VoIP has worked very well for me and my communications costs are fixed and as low as I can get them. Good luck, I think VoIP is the way to go for me but I guess it depends on the service provider. My service was recommended to me by a large loan operation that operates a call center on VoIP and they have been happy with it for several years also.

Reply by Calnotary on 3/3/09 12:21pm
Msg #279333

try SKYPE...

at 2.99 per month, free download software and quality it's very good, you can talk with 8 or 9 people at the same call. You can cancel anytime. I m not renewing with magic jack, it started good when I first bought it last year, and could fax almost 50 pages, but not anymore! So it wasn't a good purchase. You can't fax with SKYPE without additional charges, but I like Skype a lot more.

Reply by Michelle/AL on 3/3/09 1:04pm
Msg #279344

My Nephew uses Skype and he's stationed in East Africa

when he calls it sounds as if he's right around the corner. No dropped calls. No static. I've also noticed that Oprah is using SKYPE almost weekly now for viewers to call in to her show. I'm not ready to make the transition yet but will consider doing so by year-end.

Reply by Dawn/PA on 3/3/09 1:51pm
Msg #279352

Re: My Nephew uses Skype and he's stationed in East Africa

My son used Skype while he was in Iraq and I must say that most of the time when he called there were no problems - especially taking into consideration his location.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 3/3/09 1:34pm
Msg #279351

I'm still happy with it.

I have it running 24 hours a day on an XP desktop and it is my only home phone and I have used it for going on 15 months and doing well. Now it won't work for me on faxes over 3 pages, but I don't care about that. I also have sent 2 or 3 to friends stationed around the globe and they make local calls back home to talk to me and their folks with little or no problems.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.