Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
May be a good idea for SC, what do you think?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by SheilaSJCA on 3/31/09 8:18pm
Msg #282917

I would like to be able to receive an email alert, each time a comment is added in SC, regarding a company that I have an interest in. Something we could toggle on or off for each company we choose. Similar to being notified if you have a private message.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/1/09 8:15am
Msg #282960

IMO too much phone pinging for my blood - if I'm interested in tracking a company (or numerous companies) I'll check on them each time I log in and it doesn't take long - if you have a group of companies you're "interested" in you have a pretty good idea what's been said to date and have formed an opinion about it - phone notification, IMO, is a bit over the top, for me anyway...

Reply by PAW on 4/1/09 9:57am
Msg #282980

>>> IMO too much phone pinging for my blood <<<

The suggestion was for an email alert, not SMS. (Unless you have all your emails sent to your phone!) Additionally, the suggestion was as an option, similar to getting notifications for PM's.

Personally, I think it's a good idea. Would make it easier to 'monitor' a company, especially new ones just appearing on the scene.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/1/09 11:05am
Msg #282998

You're right, Paul - I misread it - apologies to Sheila...

I could agree with e-mail alerts...

Reply by Gary_CA on 4/1/09 1:20pm
Msg #283022

I'm with your original thought

Too much pinging... I'm on other chat boards that email when posts are made to threads I started. I always turn it off but every now and then it get back on somehow.

Not the end of the world, but I do get my email on my phone with 2 chirps per email... the less chirping the happier I am.

Reply by LisaWI on 4/1/09 8:42am
Msg #282964

I would like that. The only time I think of checking on some comps is when they call me. And having the email feature would make it nice and simple.

Another nice addition would be for a "Return to Forum Discussion" or something to return a person to the Forum Discussion in a companys profile in SC.

Does that make sense, not enough java yet, Smile

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 4/1/09 8:49am
Msg #282965

Reading my mind, Lisa...:)

"Another nice addition would be for a "Return to Forum Discussion" or something to return a person to the Forum Discussion in a companys profile in SC."

In SC now looking at something and wishing there was a button like that instead of backing up the browser...good idea!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.