Notary Rotary
Message 281722
Notary Discussion History

Message 281722
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 3/24/09 8:57am
Msg #281939

Message 281722

This morning I picked up a message from a private #. Threatning me. Apparentely I "slandered" this company. The girl stated she has or will have 5 signed affidavites to testify I slandered this company. That I need to contact their attorney. LOL. They have much bigger fish to fry than my cut and past asking is this the letter everyone else got. I didn't say a word one way or another. They apparently didn't see 20/20 or haven't googled themselves. All I can say is bring it on. So if any of you get a private #, it'll be this girl with the same threat. Guess this board is national or something and NO ONE watch 20/20. I laughed so much the first time I had to listen to her the 2nd time to get who it is she wants me to call. I just may for a laugh or 2. Just a heads up.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/24/09 9:13am
Msg #281945

There have been several threads on this company. You might want to put together a "collection". I've chosen not to work with this company. The calls I got seemed to be coming from "telemarketers", and I'm guessing the "schedulers" are working from home.
It has been discussed previously that this sort of thing is not legal in many states, so it's more than a moral or ethical issue.

Reply by seddy on 3/24/09 11:22am
Msg #281952

that message has been deleted n/m

Reply by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 3/24/09 1:27pm
Msg #281971

Re: that message has been deleted

I requested that. Not like this company isn't trashed all over websites. Anyhow, was a gut buster phone call. The girl who called sounded like "take your child to work day". Didn't get my address correct and was "and Um um you are being reported to the Florida board". Florida board of WHAT? I called the attorney. I would need a translator if the conversation had lasted any longer. Wonder if i'm the only one who has recieved a phone call from this company. In my best way of speaking like this atty, "eef ju take de message down, we not sue ju". LOL. I told him i couldn't understand him and it had nothing to do with legal but flat out couldn't understand his mumbling on. Then he just got load and said "maybe ju understand ju come to California to be sued." I said ok. Unreal.

This has been my day so far today. It was comical at best. I'd type in the entire converstaion but i'm sure you get the gist of the lack of professionalism.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/24/09 2:08pm
Msg #281973

Some people just get all the fun in life! LOL n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/24/09 2:16pm
Msg #281976

I wouldn't have given into them and had it deleted. For them to sue you for libel (slander is oral and obviously they don't know that!), they would have to prove the statements were untrue. You just stated the facts.

I had one organization threaten to sue me if I didn't change my business name as it was close to theirs. (I had mine several years before they did), and was also told to stop saying I was a Certified Mobile Notary Public. I even got a letter from their attorney telling me to cease and desist from using the words Mobile Notary, and giving me 5 days to do so. I showed it to my attorney who almost fell off his chair laughing. Naturally the 5 days passed and nothing happened. That was several years ago and I am still waiting on them to take actionSmile LOL

Reply by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 3/24/09 2:28pm
Msg #281977

I asked for the message to be deleted (wish I hadn't now) prior to speaking the the hack of an attorney. He asked me if I would remove the post, I said "no". All the while I was laughing which totally pissed him off. I take it that is why he got so loud with me and then hung up on me as well. All anyone has to do is google them for one, look on this board. Watch out all, the big bad attorney is coming to get ya. I may just re-post it because it was sent to me and all I asked was "is this what the rest of you recieved". Not my words. Cut and paste. I just want to know more than any thing, what is the "Board of Florida"? That is what had me laughing so hard. Please let me know if anyone else gets this knee knocking phone call threatning to sue you for slander as well. All I did was post information passed on to me. See below. Smile Again I state "NOT MY WORDS".

Hello everyone

Beware of a company called 21st Century Legal Services / Document Preparation Department, 9340 Baseline Road, Ste 105, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
They have contacted me a few months back to do a signing for a Loan Modification.
When I received the docs It stated that I was to collect funds in the form of three to four different checks for large amounts, and some type of application to be filled in with only the borrowers name, address and social security number.
Well I thought something was not right so I called the Attorney Generals office to report them, and sure enough they informed me that it is illegal to collect funds for a loan modification up front.
21st Century Legal Services, have since contacted me again, and I have turned all docs over to the Attorney Generals office and they are going full force in investigating them.
You can google them (21st Century Legal Services Rancho Cucamonga CA)
PLEASE DO NOT DO ANY SIGNINGS FOR THEM. THEY ARE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF

Reply by Shoshana Roller on 3/24/09 2:47pm
Msg #281984

I am not an attorney. However, in my non-legal opinion, I would construe that as a libelous statement. One who makes such a statement ought to have proof to back it up. It doesn't matter if it was your words or someone else's words, you put them in print.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/24/09 2:52pm
Msg #281986

Re: that message has been deleted....about the only part

of that message that can be considered "libelous" is the part that says "they are ripping people off" - as for the rest of it, it's a fact - it IS illegal in FL to collect funds up front for loan modifications. I posted this info previously (like yesterday I think)..

Reply by Shoshana Roller on 3/24/09 3:06pm
Msg #281989

That's excactly the part I am referring to.

Reply by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 3/24/09 3:09pm
Msg #281991

I didn't bring up the portion of to collect or not in Florida. I've only done a few mods and never collected but that doesn't mean it's wrong or right. The e-mail I recieved was sent to ALOT of people. Now where that came from, I don't know. LOL, i put my disclaimer that it was cut and paste. If you would have heard this attorney, you would see why I'm not intimidated at all. Even if I did take it down, there are so many more posts about them they'd have a flurry of lawsuits to file. Initially, this was innocently done. I asked if this was the letter the rest of the posters had recieved? No malice intended. I'm going to see if this is even a real attorney or not first off. Never dealt with one who behaved like a pissed off kid before. "If you take it down, I won't sue you". Can't unscramble that egg. Even if I do, it's been seen. It'll be interesting to see if I do get a letter. I'll keep this updated. Seriously, look how many companies on this site have negative things written about them. I think i'll go back to being a lurker and not a poster like before.

Reply by Shoshana Roller on 3/24/09 3:16pm
Msg #281994

I have done many NREIS loan mods for CW

They always required a fee up front.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/24/09 3:28pm
Msg #281999

Are those the mod applications or the actual mods?

and remember - you're in AZ...not FL or CA...

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/24/09 3:19pm
Msg #281996

I wonder if they are suing Google???

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4SUNA_enUS255US255&q=21st+Century+Legal+Servic+ripoff+report

Reply by A-1 Signing Agents, LLC on 3/24/09 3:28pm
Msg #281998

Re: I wonder if they are suing Google???

I asked him the very same question. Part of what makes me wonder if he's legit is how he totally lost it while talking to me. Typically, they keep their cool. This man was screaming into the phone and I couldn't quit laughing. "Jes, we are suing dem too!" I think my not being intimidated is what pissed him off even more. Look at SC. Not much good said there either. A few nice posts but for the most part, all negative.

Reply by Jake Brown on 4/8/09 8:49pm
Msg #284173

You should not make fun of people in the way that they speak, we all have some kind of accent.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.