Notary Rotary
Missed out on the mid month rush
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by ME/NJ on 3/13/09 8:53am
Msg #280563

Due to Virus problems, hit both my laptops on Monday. 300 dollars and 3 days later all back to normal. I have anti -spy and Virus software but this virus diabled my AV program and did a major number to my OS. The only way to check my emails was by Blackberry this week.

I lost out on 7 jobs this week because I had no computers... Hope the surge of work keeps up this week and EOM.

Reply by Pete/MD on 3/13/09 9:18am
Msg #280566

Why didn't you just wipe the drive and reinstall windows?

Reply by ME/NJ on 3/13/09 10:30am
Msg #280588

Pete it killed windows

Killed all restore points, could not change anything or get back to the internet. Last time I did re-install it crashed the system. This time I took both laptops to a pro and they are working fine for now..

Reply by Pete/MD on 3/13/09 11:14am
Msg #280594

Re: Pete it killed windows

I understand that. I don't mean restoring. I am talking about actually wiping the hard drive totally clean and installing windows on a fresh partition. Maybe I am misunderstanding you. Oh well, at least it is fixed.

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/13/09 9:18am
Msg #280567

One of the guys in my SS class had that happen.

I know for a fact that he's a very geeky and cautious guy...his computer is one which I was shocked to hear had such an awful virus....kinda like if HE had that happen any of us are liable to see it happen.

He could NOT get onto the internet...or check email. It disabled his AV software, so on and so forth.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.