Notary Rotary
Never had this problem, anyone else?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by seddy on 3/23/09 10:31am
Msg #281763

I did a signing last Thursday and they still haven't sent me the shipping label or an account number for me to ship the docs. Excuses always involve email but they had no problem emailing me the docs in the first place. I sent them another email but I don't know what to make of this. No one else is having any trouble sending me emails. CRAZY!!

Reply by Barbara___IL on 3/23/09 10:34am
Msg #281765

Never had it happen. I would call them and see what the problem is.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/23/09 10:41am
Msg #281766

Yes...and call immediately....rescission period ends

tonight - think they're gonna need those docs by tomorrow a.m.

If I've worked for this client before I probably would have shipped the docs back on my dime to avoid any problems and just billed them for the shipping...not sure how I'd handle a new client - guess it would depend on their rep....but I know I wouldn't want to be responsible for someone's loan not funding...MHO

Reply by seddy on 3/23/09 10:49am
Msg #281770

Re: Yes...and call immediately....rescission period ends

Yeah, I would've sent them Friday or Saturday if I had the shipping information. It was a RESPA. I never worked for the company before and when I took the assignment I wasn't home to check their reputation so I took a gamble in the first place. I never even got a confirmation email. When I got to my house I was pressed for time so I just printed the docs and went to the borrower's house. I emailed as soon as I got home and asked for confirmation and label and they said they'd send it. I've emailed and spoken on the phone but still nothing.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/23/09 10:51am
Msg #281771

Okay...it's a RESPA...disregard everything else I said...LOL

guess time is NOT of the essence here....

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/23/09 10:47am
Msg #281768

Elaine - if they continue to have problems emailing it to

you, how about suggesting to them that they make arrangements for an immediate pickup at your location - they can send UPS or FedEx out to get the package and it will be on their account...

Just a thought.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/23/09 10:48am
Msg #281769

If they don't respond by later today, you could get the package to FedEx or UPS before today's last pick-up and use a handwritten shipping label with TC name as sender and receiver (your name/contact info nowhere on the label). Check the box that says "bill receiver" and put it in a drop box for pick-up today. The shipping company will bill the receiver, plus a $10 fee for the extra billing service since no account number was included, but the docs will get there and you will have done all you could.

The one time I had to do this, the package did get held up one extra day by FedEx because there was no account number on the label. It got delivered on the second day.

Reply by seddy on 3/23/09 10:56am
Msg #281772

They just called and told me they sent it to my other email

and I checked. It was there, but still no confirmation. I have a VERY bad feeling about this. I emailed back and asked AGAIN for a confirmation email and hopefully I'll get one soon. I hate to ship with nothing in writing.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/23/09 11:28am
Msg #281777

Re: They just called and told me they sent it to my other email

What's the name of this company?

Reply by seddy on 3/23/09 11:55am
Msg #281782

On Call On Site Closings is the company.

Rachel finally sent me the confirmation! Now I'll have to wait and see whether or not the check ever comes! Still feel uneasy about this one so anyone who gets called by them should proceed with caution (I wouldn't have taken the assignment if I'd have had time to research them in the first place). I definitely won't take another one with them until I get paid for this one.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/23/09 11:56am
Msg #281783

Did a signing for them a couple weeks ago

Everything went without a hitch....no problems...

Reply by seddy on 3/23/09 11:58am
Msg #281785

Re: Did a signing for them a couple weeks ago

Good, I'm glad to hear that. Did you get paid?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/23/09 11:59am
Msg #281786

Re: Did a signing for them a couple weeks ago

Not yet - it's just been, at most, a couple weeks...

Reply by Sandra Clark on 3/23/09 11:58am
Msg #281784

Re: They just called and told me they sent it to my other email

Why in the world didn't you check your other email account? If you are using 2 email accounts for your business, then the first thing you should do is check both and also your spam folder.....especially when you are expecting an email from a new client. JMHO

Reply by seddy on 3/23/09 12:01pm
Msg #281787

Re: They just called and told me they sent it to my other em

I'm not using another email for my business. I gave her my personal email address because she said she had sent it several times to my business account. I don't usually give out the other one. Oh, and the first thing I did was check my spam folder. It was the same email address she sent the docs to so it shouldn't have gone to spam, but I checked it anyway.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.