Notary Rotary
New Trend
Notary Discussion History

New Trend
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by ME/NJ on 3/6/09 9:54am
Msg #279809

New Trend

Maybe its me, but seems all my closings now are last minute deals 2-4 hours notice. I'm lucky if I have 24 notice anymore. I think I've had 2-4 closings this year with more then a days notice.

All have worked out so far, in the past last minute deals were a PITA.

Reply by Becca_FL on 3/6/09 10:12am
Msg #279813

I've been experiencing the opposite, Mike. I have TCs calling to book closings a week in advance...imagine that?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/6/09 10:29am
Msg #279814

LOL...and I have a combination of both!!

Some last minute - some booked in advance....<<shrug>>

Reply by ME/NJ on 3/6/09 11:34am
Msg #279821

I miss those days, I could plan things out..lol Now it seems like each day is the EOM when I get work. Today I got calls for 3 closings today and one for Saturday and its only noon.

Monday I had no work and by the end of the week if all goes well 7 loans closed. They say LOs are going nuts now in NJ.

Reply by LindaD/NJ on 3/6/09 10:30am
Msg #279815

I am getting both, 3 weeks out and in 2 hours. Also ALOt of scheduled closings with docs being 1 to 4 hours late.

Reply by Les_CO on 3/6/09 10:48am
Msg #279818

When business was booming, docs were late; when business was almost non-existent…docs were late, now (slightly improved) docs are late? How did Title/Lenders manage when they use to send the docs overnight?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/6/09 10:56am
Msg #279819

A lot of work done in advance - no rush jobs

"must close in 30 days or else" - things weren't left til the last minute...it was really really nice...

Reply by Yowheelz on 3/6/09 11:11am
Msg #279820

Re: A lot of work done in advance - no rush jobs

AHHHHH!!! I would welcome back the days of o/n docs. You could really schedule an evening and not have to worry about docs ariving when you are already 30 minutes away on your next appointment.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 3/6/09 8:52pm
Msg #279897

I seem to be getting more calls for a few days or a couple of cases weeks in advance. I like it both ways..

Reply by LindaD/NJ on 3/6/09 10:41pm
Msg #279924

Yeah, me too. Variety is the spice of life. LOL

Reply by Teddog/CO on 3/7/09 7:46am
Msg #279947

Seems like nothing much has changed the companies that were always last minute are still last minute. That being said I have found that most of my companies give you at least one days notice. Thank you, thank you Smile The Plan Ahead folks are the one that get the appointment times they need. Last minute folks waste a lot of time trying to find a notary and even their docs are late. Not a good way to do business.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.