Notary Rotary
Notaries in the Inland Empire, CA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by tidarod on 3/21/09 7:14pm
Msg #281626

When I get a call but I'm not available, instead of saying no I try to refer another notary in my area to them. They appreciate the referral because it saves them time. A few times, they have to use a notary on their list, but most of the time they will call the notary I refer.

I don't ask for a referral fee or discuss your fees. I only ask that you return the favor if your unavailable.

A friend of mine do this a lot and we haven't lost any business to each other because they remember us for the extra service.

If you are interested, let me know.

Thanks.

Reply by tidarod on 3/21/09 7:16pm
Msg #281627

I meant, if you are interested in doing this and exchanging information, PM me.

Reply by sue_pa on 3/22/09 9:49am
Msg #281678

I see almost the EXACT opposite

When I must turn work away I refer them to others in my area and they seldom receive a call. I receive calls for work out of my area by an hour or two's drive and I refer them to someone in that area and they seldom receive the call. I receive calls for Maryland and I refer them to someone in Maryland and they seldom receive the call.

Companies do/should have a list they use for closers in populated areas. Other than SoCal Lisa or others who are unwilling to pay a fair fee, they all have a tried and true list of people to call.

Reply by tidarod on 3/22/09 5:29pm
Msg #281697

Re: I see almost the EXACT opposite

That hasn't been my experience at all. My friend and I became notaries at the same time and we have been doing this for the last 5 years. Our lives our getting busier as our children grow and I thought this would be a great way to continue an extra service I like to offer.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 3/22/09 6:02pm
Msg #281704

It takes a little 'work' but it works ...

...which is exactly the reason why those in a network of people willing to do a little WORK at the networking aspect actually see some results.

Absolutely, if you don't 'work it', those referral calls usually fall to the floor - but if you work it, and you keep working it, and those you're referring to are people you SHOULD refer each other's clients to, it does work.

By 'working it', I mean actually marketing - not just saying "here, I have some guy who might be able to do this ..." With marketing skills, with marketing tools, with THE RIGHT PEOPLE and with follow-through and business savvy ... it works.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.