Notary Rotary
Printer Help
Notary Discussion History

Printer Help
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by JAM/CA on 3/7/09 12:22am
Msg #279934

Printer Help

Hope someone is still awake to help me with this problem. I just printed some docs for a signing in the morning and noticed letters running together when I printed. Example:
"Perjury" turned into "Perury" because the j ran into the u.

I reprinted the the ACK of the DOT and it came out fine. I checked docs that were sent and they don't have this problem. Can anyone tell me what caused this? TIA

Reply by BrotherOwner on 3/7/09 12:40am
Msg #279936

Printer brand/model? What format of docs, .pdf?

Reply by JAM/CA on 3/7/09 1:25am
Msg #279939

Brother MFC-8440/pdf/doc magic Thank you

Reply by JAM/CA on 3/7/09 1:33am
Msg #279940

I think it was a corrupt file. Looking at docs online, some pages had letters overlapping and I could reprint and came out fine. Others looked fine online and came out overlapping???

Reply by JanetK_CA on 3/7/09 2:54am
Msg #279942

You're probably right. I've run into that once or twice before.

Reply by A S Johnson on 3/7/09 9:59am
Msg #279964

It's a problem with the PCL.
I use only HP products. Why because PCL (Printer Control Langague) was developed and is owned by HP. The BIG computer the lender's use are HP.
Hp doese sale PCL to all other printer makes but is in a TRUE form of it and the printer make re-writes some of the code to fit thier brand.
You don't want problems with printing docs, then use the proper equipment.

Reply by JAM/CA on 3/7/09 10:25am
Msg #279965

Gee A S, I wonder why my Brother has worked fine for the last five years.
Thanks for advice.

Reply by GWest on 3/7/09 10:59am
Msg #279972

I don't know very much about Brother printers, but I do understand what A S is talking about. I have 2 HP printers and I find this only happens once in a blue moon, but my one printer only has PCL 5 and the other PCL 6. If the doc's will not print on the one, I move to the other with a PCL 6 and they print fine. This only has happened with, I believe Elynx doc's.

Reply by BrotherOwner on 3/7/09 4:18pm
Msg #279992

Re: Printer Help ATTN: A S Johnson

You DON"T KNOW what the lenders are using. If they are sending you a .pdf file, it NEVER PASSED THROUGH AN HP PRINTER, AND most likely NOT AN HP COMPUTER. PCL is just a set of printer control instructions. Either a printer can or cannot print using those instructions (PCL5,5E,6), etc. For your information Brother licenses PCL 6(and earlier versions) from HP (as do most other printer mfgs, and make sure that their machines are capable of using those instructions. They don't REWRITE the code. Many of us, and many large businesses too, use nonHP equipment quite successfully. Ever hear of IBM, Konica/Minolta, Canon, Xerox? On what basis did deduce it was a PCL problem?

Reply by JAM/CA on 3/7/09 10:40pm
Msg #280004

Re: Printer Help ATTN: A S Johnson

Thank you BrotherOwner. Seems the problem was not with my Brother printer, the docs had been forwarded too many times. By the time I received them, they came in after being forwarded three times.

Reply by BrotherOwner on 3/9/09 8:33am
Msg #280059

Thanks for the thanks, but I didn't do much LOL, just provided moral support and a sense of community. Yes, with the internet, there is someone awake EVERYWHERE!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.