Notary Rotary
Printing Problem
Notary Discussion History

Printing Problem
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Willett Moible Notary Services, LLC - Linda on 3/17/09 6:57am
Msg #280933

Printing Problem

Yesterday I was trying to print some documents for a client...After printing a few pages, it would stop and I would receive the following error message: "Illegal Operator Sequence; Operator: Set Page Scale. Has anyone had this problem and if so, how do you resolve. This one client is the only problem I have ever had with printing docs...Thanks...Linda

Reply by PAW on 3/17/09 8:18am
Msg #280943

An invalid page scale is often caused by the scanner not adjusting the 'page' to letter or legal size, but the absolute scan size. If it is a PDF file, check the page size as shown by Adobe Reader. Then adjust your printer output options to "shrink to printable area" or "fit to printable area".

If it is a RAW PCL file (eLynx, for example) the output page size is may not be adjustable within the print utility, but may be able to adjust the printer properties (ZoomSmart option for many printers).

Reply by Willett Moible Notary Services, LLC - Linda on 3/17/09 10:08am
Msg #280949

This is a PDF file and we have tried all your suggestions but still can't print....Any other ideas? Thanks...Linda

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 3/17/09 11:21am
Msg #280956

Well, you can check all your printer properties and preferences when the dialog box opens when you attempt to print, but the problem probably is not yours. Pdf files have do be done right on the other end. Garbage in, Garbage out.

Now one time I was having an issue printing a set of documents and kept getting an error code. Of course, everyone had gone home .. well you know the story. Then a light bulb went off in my head and I decided to dry to print through Primo pdf, a utility that allows you to convert anything that can be printed to a pdf file. I also use it to save those government forms that are in pdf format, but it says you can's save an altered pdf file.

Anyway, the process took a while, but the I was able to print the docs from the newly created pdf file. I don't know why or how, but it corrected whatever error was present and they printed. Evening Saved. It may or may not work for you, but what the heck? Just a thought.

Reply by GWest on 3/17/09 11:55am
Msg #280973

Thank you for the PrimoPDF info. This is something that I have been looking for that is free.

Reply by Willett Moible Notary Services, LLC - Linda on 3/17/09 12:18pm
Msg #280978

Thank you...will try this...Linda

Reply by Willett Moible Notary Services, LLC - Linda on 3/17/09 12:25pm
Msg #280979

How do you install primo pdf? Linda

Reply by GWest on 3/17/09 1:01pm
Msg #280985

I just googled it and it took me to http://www.primopdf.com/

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 3/17/09 2:35pm
Msg #280998

Sorry

I should have included that info in my post. When all is installed, then you choose Primopdf as your printer when you are ready to print the doc. The rest has instructions

If that idea actually works, let me know as I will immediately go out and buy a lotto ticket.

Good Luck.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.