Notary Rotary
Purchasers out of State.
Notary Discussion History

Purchasers out of State.
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by HKB on 3/25/09 10:55am
Msg #282074

Purchasers out of State.

My first experience of out of state buyers..... need your guidance.

I'm in Indiana and the buyers are now in Indiana who bought a property in California. At the top of Notary form it is printed California (for the State) is that correct?

Thanks every one for your time and advise.

me

Reply by Jim/AL on 3/25/09 11:13am
Msg #282079

If it is a Notarized document, YOU should line through, YOU should initial and correct the State and/or County where the Notarization is being performed. The acknowledgement should reflect the physical location you are in. Not legal advice, just my opinion.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/25/09 11:26am
Msg #282083

The notary certificate should always reflect where the notarization is taking place.

Reply by PAW on 3/25/09 1:29pm
Msg #282099

Are you referring to the "Venue"?

The venue always must show the location of the notarial act. If the notarization takes place in Knox County, then the venue would look like:

State of Indiana
County of Knox

-or-

State of Indiana, Knox County

Reply by JerryhFL on 3/26/09 7:37am
Msg #282174

Are you asking about the very top of the document where it usuallys has the the state the property is located in and are you asking if you should change this to the state it is being notarized in?

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/26/09 7:52am
Msg #282175

Agree with JerryhFL, there is a difference.

If the document is a conveyance instrument you only change the "venue" where the notary certificate is.

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/26/09 7:53am
Msg #282176

Re: Agree with JerryhFL, however, Jerry...I re-read

the original poster's question...he/she is talking about the notary certficiate.

Reply by janCA on 3/26/09 11:28am
Msg #282197

This is notary 101.

He or She shouldn't have to come on a notary board to ask this question. He or She had better read their State's handbook. This is something that drives me crazy. And as my husband always says, "It's not a very long drive".

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.