Notary Rotary
RE:jail notarizations/fees posted below ALSO
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Brooke Squyres on 3/11/09 11:29pm
Msg #280390

you have to take into consideration that while you are "inside"; the office is holding your cell phone hostage AND ALL THOSE CALLS YOU ARE MISSING ARE GONG TO OTHER NOTARIES!!! Stung by personal experience, I now charge accordingly; and you never know how long it will be while you are in there!

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 3/11/09 11:47pm
Msg #280393

And that is why I have my fee schedule as described below. I just can't see charging for something you think may happen.

Also, I leave my cell phone, brief case, coat (unless it's really cold) in the car. I only take in what is necessary to perform the task at hand in a plastic grocery bag. It speeds the clearance process.

I also won't take any work inside a prison when I have other work scheduled for later in the evening. Prison work is infrequent compared to everything else and getting bogged down there is not worth trying to build a schedule around.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 3/12/09 3:00pm
Msg #280492

Have to agree with you Glenn. My personal opinion is they are a real waste of time. I just refuse them because of that very important thing "your schedule"

Have a great weekend Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.