Notary Rotary
Slight dark line down middle of paper
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Elizabeth Soliday on 3/26/09 2:00pm
Msg #282217

Hi all, I just replaced my toner with a refill and I have cleaned up the drum and toner cartridge as much as I can but I am still getting a very slight dark line down the middle of the page. Any thoughts on how to eliminate it?

Reply by LisaWI on 3/26/09 2:14pm
Msg #282221

Try going into Word and printing a blank page. Maybe a few times. This might work. For future reference, you can get specially made sheets for this at Staples and probably other places. Sorry, cant remember what they are called. But they are specifically made to help clean the rollers in your printer/drum.

Reply by PAW on 3/26/09 2:17pm
Msg #282224

Laser Printer Cleaning Sheets

Available at Staples, Office Max, etc.

Reply by LisaWI on 3/26/09 2:19pm
Msg #282227

Re: Laser Printer Cleaning Sheets-LOL

Too easy Smile

Reply by PAW on 3/26/09 2:28pm
Msg #282230

Re: Laser Printer Cleaning Sheets-LOL

Yep, the obvious is often overlooked as too obvious.

Reply by PAW on 3/26/09 2:15pm
Msg #282222

Did you clean the printer?

Assuming this is an HP printer, cleaning the cartridge may have damaged the drum. If it is a printer with a separate drum, there still may be a scratch on the drum. At any rate, there may be a deposit of toner somewhere in the paper path within the printer. (Fuser is a likes suspect.) A lot of printers have a "cleaning" mode where it exercises the printer while slowly passing a sheet of paper through it.

Reply by firegirl on 3/26/09 2:17pm
Msg #282225

Re: Did you clean the printer?

Sometimes if you clean the corona wire that resolves the problem. There is a thing on the cartridge that you slide back and forth.

Reply by PAW on 3/26/09 2:20pm
Msg #282228

Boy, wish we could edit our posts.

Should read: (Fuser is a likely suspect.)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.