Notary Rotary
Snow in Raleigh and cable out...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by laurielnc on 3/2/09 7:27am
Msg #279178

I just looked into turning my Verizon card in because when I do my Amtrust signings most people have the internet. One borrowers computer didn't have the latest adobe so the Amtrust wouldn't load (about a 45 min. download). So I got out my laptop with my card but was easier to use the next door neighbors wireless to connect onto. I know I can use a phone to connect if want to go that route. Anyone have this dilemma? I don't use the card but maybe once a month if that. With the phone I can call Verizon and it can come on in 20 min. and they will charge me for a month. No contracts. I have about 5 months on my card and a $95 penalty if I cut it off now.

I guess it all boils down to is it worth the headache of not having internet at a moments notice or not doing Amtrust closings. I've been working for a company that has me doing about 2 a month. I'm writing now with the roadrunner down and I've had it quit working for no reason at all and needed to print docs. This card has been a life saver. Even printed docs on road using a laser printer and a power pack. Decisions.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/2/09 9:00am
Msg #279183

I had suited up for e-signings with a laptop & Sprint aircard. Of course, the volume of business never materialized. I finally took the hit for a $150 ETF (vs. $60 mo wasted).
I decided after the fact that I don't have to be so accomodating. It's all a personal/business decision. If you use the aircard for other than Amtrust, then it might be worth it. I also know some notaries that are set up to be completely mobile, and print docs on the road. More power to them. It does get hectic, especially at EOM, but I don't want the extra stress of needing to print on the road. Again, that's my personal/business decision.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.