Notary Rotary
TMobile - now offering $49.95 unlimited calling across USA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 3/13/09 5:49pm
Msg #280635

to those who are their customers for at least 22 months with good pay history.

I have looked over the plan rather closely and find it to be pretty darn tempting.

Any input?

Reply by ananotary on 3/13/09 8:51pm
Msg #280660

I don't see that listed on their website. Do you have a link?

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/13/09 8:55pm
Msg #280661

http://www.google.com/search?q=loyalty+plan+tmobile&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

You can't see it on their website if you are not already a long term customer.

The link is google...there are several links to articles on it.

Reply by ananotary on 3/13/09 8:57pm
Msg #280662

I see. I am a long term customer. I'll log on. Thanks!

Reply by DonR_NYC on 3/13/09 9:41pm
Msg #280663

T-Mobile has very poor service in the Metro NYC area. Many co-workers of mine (I'm a real estate agent now) complain of dropping calls, poor reception, no service, etc. throughout the region. the other carriers; AT&T, Verizon, Sprint have fewer complaints.

I strongly suggest you check your area and speak to people who use T-Mobile before committing to any long term contract.

Reply by ananotary on 3/13/09 9:54pm
Msg #280664

T-Mobile is not known for it's wonderful dependable service in the So Cal region either. However, it works for me and is cost effective. Agree about checking area.

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/14/09 8:10pm
Msg #280774

"T-Mobile is not known for it's wonderful dependable service in the So Cal region either."

I'm in Los Angeles and I'm quite happy with their service, haven't had any problems at all.

I'd switch to this plan, but I lucked out about a year ago and found a promotion that gave me 1500 minutes for $39.95. I never even come REMOTELY close to using that many minutes in a month, so I'm sticking with it.

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/14/09 9:21pm
Msg #280785

It would be a same $$ amount switch for me. No new contract needed. (Mine's almost out.) I did it.

I was going to move mom's phone over and get the $135 credit plus she'd get the same deal for $40 tagged onto my line...that's $.05 more than she's paying now for 600 min. However, with the bad reports I'm not going to do that. It would become like an act of congress to explain to her what happened if it goes down the tubes. Between her having to learn how to use her new phone and a problem with a plan and service switch she might just put a hit out on me. NaNa

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/14/09 2:18am
Msg #280680

With TMobile, changing plans doesn't require a new contract. You can go up or down with rate plans without a contract renewal. I don't know if you can change like that without a contract or not. Never tried. I've had the same plan for eight years without a contract or with a contract.

Glenn's news that Tmobile will go probably go under is bad news for me. I have had no complaints and no service problems ever in my area. Hearing that I'm guessing their offering is a big effort to save a sinking ship that I've been very happy with. The sim card technology has been extremely good to me. I always have a spare phone to swap out if a phone died.

Reply by PAW on 3/14/09 7:57am
Msg #280684

T-mobile (Deutsche Telekom) has been rumored to be in merger talks for the past 7 years. At one time, there was a rumor that they would merge with Cingular (now AT&T). Recently, there's been talk about merging with Sprint Nextel. Actually, the rumor is that Deutsche Telekom is considering buying Sprint Nextel, which could have some serious roadblocks since Deutsche Telekom is partly owned by the German government.

I haven't seen anything is the past few months about any merger plans by any wireless companies. I guess things are just status quo until the economy improves or one of the carriers gets in real trouble.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/14/09 8:17am
Msg #280686

I had T-Mobile at one time. Too many "dead" areas, and when I had to take a trip across to the west coast of Florida I missed all my calls. Was a pain in the butt canceling T-Mobile.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 3/14/09 9:55am
Msg #280698

West coast of Florida/TMobile

TMobile seems to have great deals, however, as Sylvia mentioned, their coverage on the west coast of Florida is awful.
I've tried to reach snowbird brws on their cells (with TMobile as their carrier), with little success.
A merger might be just what they need to provide better coverage.
I wish I could get such a deal with Verizon.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/14/09 10:29am
Msg #280703

Misty - since Verizon just bought out Alltel watch for

deals - since they're increasing their coverage they may come up with offers you can't resist..

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/14/09 10:31am
Msg #280704

Re: West coast of Florida/TMobile

Not only that, when companies called me on my cell and I was at home, I had to go outside to be able to take the call many times. The service sucked! I talked to someone at T-Mobile and was told they were getting more cell towers in my area!
About a week before my contract was up I called them and told them I was going to cancel and they said I would have to call when my contract was up or I would have to pay $200 cancellation fee. So, the day my contract was up I called to cancel and was told I couldn't cancel that day I had to wait until the end of the "billing period" which was about a week away. So, I went with another company and on my T-Mobile number left a voicemail giving callers my new number and why I switched from T-Mobile - poor service etc.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/14/09 10:38am
Msg #280707

Sprint/Nextel service was like that out my way

I used to have to go outside and sit on the boat trailer to talk on my cell phone!!

I do believe a lot of it is also the phone you have - my sister-in-law, in Tampa, lives in a mobile home and cannot talk on her cell phone in her trailer - my cell works fine in her house ... I forget who she has as her provider.

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/14/09 1:03pm
Msg #280735

Sylvia, mine has never renewed automatically.

I have gone for years at a time with no contract while having Tmobile. The only time I have renewed is to get a free phone. Since finding alternative phones is so easy...and since they are so cheap now on tmobile (<$50) I don't worry too much about that any more.

I have never had anything but excellent service from them since 2001.

Reply by LKT/CA on 3/13/09 11:00pm
Msg #280671

I hope Sprint does the same n/m

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 3/14/09 1:18am
Msg #280677

Both Tmobile and Sprint are on life support

and have lost millions of dollars in the past year. Most analysts don't expect them to last much longer ......

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 3/14/09 6:20am
Msg #280681

If That Indeed is the Case...

...based on recent history they're both now great candidates for a government bailout.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.