Notary Rotary
To prepare or not to prepare - then & now
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Blueink_TN on 3/27/09 2:10pm
Msg #282393

After reading the thread below about who does what where and when (regarding preparing for the signing) I thought the subject warrants it's own thread.

I usually print and run, making sure I have ample copies of the RTC and placing these on top. When I was in CA, 90% of the borrowers were so busy and short of time (sometimes they wouldn't even sit down), they signed and I was gone within 20 minutes. Rush, rush, rush. I would feel exhausted just being around these people, but then again, was I any different? I would take my docs and either go home or to a local starbucks and do my notarizations, prepare the package for shipping & drop off. Or- somewhere between these steps, I'd be off to my next appointment.

What a difference here in TN. The borrowers love company and love to talk. Nobody is in a hurry, and I have learned to slow down and enjoy the moment. Of course I don't have back to back signings as I did in the day in CA (2005-2007) so taking my time at the table to complete the package is the norm now - no stress - just a relaxed attitude. A couple of other differences (due to geography, I think), hiring entities will actually leave me a message instead of just calling the next notary, fees are not questioned or low balled and (most of the time) it's up to me & the borrowers to set the appointment time.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 3/28/09 8:30am
Msg #282485

Blueink_TN Beautiful country, small town folks. Refreshing is'nt it Smile I love Colorado. Very rare to run into a nasty one here. That's great horse country in TN Smile

Have a great weekend Smile

Reply by Yowheelz on 3/28/09 9:22am
Msg #282500

Same here, very country, people like to visit. I do not prepare in advance other than to make sure I have everything. Late docs kinda force us to grab and go. I notarize at table unless there are extenuating circumstances then I just sign my name and stamp when I get to a solid, uncluttered and/or clean surface. I don't rush the borrowers, after all it is their money they are signing away, however, I do back to back signings so I can't just dawdle along either. Sometimes it's hard to keep the borrower focused.

Reply by Mary Ellen Harvley on 5/4/09 12:06am
Msg #287187

I have always done this in TN, never in any other state.

I have many repeat customers but they still try to low-ball, leave a message and then immediately call someone else, and rarely is it up to and the BOs to set the appointment time (though I rarley have a prob changing the time if the BO wants to.) (Alos, if I have a conflict on the time, they will call the BO with my proposed time change and I always offer two time frames.)

Yes, we southerners do love to enjoy the moment even with the notaries. It's that Suthern' Hospitaltieeee!!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.