Notary Rotary
.eml extension?
Notary Discussion History

.eml extension?
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by NewPhoenix on 3/11/09 6:32pm
Msg #280361

.eml extension?

Ok, I just received a set of files with a .eml extension. Have to admit that it is a new one for me. How do I read/print it? Thanks.

Reply by BrendaTx on 3/11/09 6:54pm
Msg #280364

My guess is open it with Outlook or (possibly, Outlook Express).

Once you open it there will be attachments to it.

Reply by Sharon Taylor on 3/11/09 8:54pm
Msg #280372

I never use Outlook, so what if I get one of these?

I don't even have Outlook installed on either of my desktops or my laptop, so what would I have to do if I got something with that extension?

Reply by sueharke on 3/12/09 12:46am
Msg #280395

Re: I never use Outlook, so what if I get one of these?

I use a program called incredimail. It uses the *.eml extension. I like it a lot better than Outlook, which I will not use.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 3/11/09 6:55pm
Msg #280365

Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express n/m

Reply by NewPhoenix on 3/11/09 11:19pm
Msg #280389

.eml extension?

Ok I eventually figured it out. The files do open with Outlook. What confused me at first is the the text area looks like garbage. But then when I looked in the Subject line area there was the name of a .pdf file of a different name, usually a string of numbers. Double clicking on that file name then opened the file with Adobe Reader. Then I could print it out. A multi-step process.

I did find a reference that the .eml files could be opened with Internet Explorer because the format were the same as another file type that IE uses. But you have to rename the extension to .mhp (or something like that) first. Personally I won't have IE even on my system but if you don't have Outlook then you might be able to use that.

You can also get a complete Microsoft Office look-alike package for free but I forget the name of it. Maybe someone else knows?

Reply by Dawn/PA on 3/12/09 7:58am
Msg #280407

Re: .Microsoft Office look-alike --- openoffice.org n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.