Notary Rotary
fees
Notary Discussion History

fees
Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Carol Graff on 3/17/09 7:14pm
Msg #281033

fees

Since I am a newbie, I am curious as to one company on SC that quotes just $50 for signing fee. It then states that any travel fees or loan docs printed would have to be neg. separately. Is this the way it is normally done?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/17/09 7:17pm
Msg #281035

You need to set what fees are acceptable to you taking into consideration your time and materials.

Reply by GA/Atty on 3/17/09 7:21pm
Msg #281038

All fees are negotiated on every deal. n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/17/09 7:49pm
Msg #281041

Generally speaking, yes. Please spend the time/effort calculating your costs (they are legion) and don't forget taxes and PROFIT. Now add mileage (calculate that, too) and a fee for edocs, if needed. Always remember, this is a business; YOUR business. You are not an employee and your business must be profitable. (And $50 is too cheap.)

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 3/17/09 8:22pm
Msg #281043

"And $50 is too cheap"

But the $50 was just the "signing" fee, if you add in travel fee and printing fee the total fee could be $100 plus. The post did say the travel and printing fee would be negotiated separately.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 3/17/09 9:32pm
Msg #281050

Maybe I've become too jaded, but I jumped to the conclusion (erroneously, I hope) that the print and travel fee would be if the signing didn't get completed. I like your interpretation better!

Reply by trnsa_IL on 3/17/09 9:55pm
Msg #281057

I understood it to be the way Sylvia did. The travel fee and edoc fee are added to the 50.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/18/09 6:30am
Msg #281086

Generally, when companies call to book you for a job they want you to quote an all-inclusive fee. They are not interested in hearing all your cost breakdowns, so you should figure out ahead of time what your fee for loan signing with e-docs is within your standard travel radius; loan signing for overnight docs within your standard travel radius; any additional charges that you tack on for additional travel, faxbacks, split package and copies if applicable, etc. Then quickly add those up in your head while on the phone with the hiring entity, and quote one all-inclusive fee.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.