interesting information to use against "non-payers"
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by JoannVA on 3/19/09 5:41pm
Msg #281416

I was surfing and found this

As a small business how do you report bad payment history?

Contact the 3 national Credit Bureaus; Experian, Equifax and Trans Union. They can assist you with reporting on people.

If you wish to report on another business rather than a consumer, you should be reporting to the business credit bureau, D&B (Dun & Bradstreet).

If you use QuickBooks, they have a free plug-in you can download and report your A/R data with the click of a button. Registration, download and installation, and sending of data takes a total of about 5 minutes. They also offer tons of benefits to the companies who participate. The homepage for the program is https://tradexchange.dnb.com/trade/ If you don't have QuickBooks, you can still participate, but it's more of a manual effort. Register here: http://www.dnb.com/us/duns_update/trade.html

Hope this helps !

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 3/20/09 4:48am
Msg #281445

been recommending D&B for a long time ...

Even if you don't register to report payment histories, you can still use D&B's Small Business services as needed (which is what I do).

$25 will buy you a collection letter from their collection service to the 'offender', AND THIS INCLUDES A HIT TO THEIR BUSINESS CREDIT REPORT, showing your account "in collections"!

D&B's business credit reporting is considered the most widely used for business-to-business.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 3/20/09 10:54am
Msg #281470

The quickbook A/R plug-in for D&B is no longer available. I believe D&B are going to a "pay" system. It will not be free; not even sure when it will be available. A notice went out earlier this year, and the plug-in doesnt work anymore. Too bad, I used it regularly.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.