Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
question on best/cheapest way to fax dox back..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by brooke/ca on 3/3/09 5:04pm
Msg #279371

all you smart techies out there, is there an alternative to the good old land line? The only reason I keep my att land line is for fax backs......thanks for any ideas. Also= anyone have trouble with Sierra Wireless aircards/ATT? I am going through literal NIGHTMARE HELL with mine, since I gave up my cable to save money, I have been forced to limp along on dial up off and on for weeks while I spend COUNTLESS hours on the phone with tech "support" Seems to me they are just shooting blanks, sorry for the bad metaphor.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 3/3/09 5:20pm
Msg #279374

Get an inexpensive scanner and send them via email and avoid the whole phone line ordeal.

Reply by Brooke Squyres on 3/3/09 5:22pm
Msg #279375

wow, thanks, Mistarella. Are there scanners that you can..

feed multiple pages through without having to do it one by one? I haven't had a scanner in so long I am just ignorant. Thanks!

Reply by MistarellaFL on 3/3/09 5:27pm
Msg #279377

Re: wow, thanks, Mistarella. Are there scanners that you can..

Yes, it is called a sheet-fed scanner.
I've seen them at Walmart for less than $100 (Brother MFCs-ink jet).

Reply by notaryinmo on 3/3/09 5:30pm
Msg #279378

Wouldn't taking photos with a digital camera, downloading them into your computer and emailing them work just as well? I'm not trying to be smart - I'm looking for an honest answer. TIA

Reply by Susan Fischer on 3/3/09 6:46pm
Msg #279383

Pictures of docs? I guess, but so fast and easy to scan/

email - plus, at least with my HP, letter/legal all automatic, and if printed on the email end, docs look the way they're supposed to look. JMHO

Reply by CaliNotary on 3/4/09 3:26am
Msg #279409

You really want to take 100+ photographs then force the person on the other end to open 100+ separate attachments???? And you really think a photograph is going to capture the detail of every single word on every single document?

Reply by notaryinmo on 3/4/09 9:27am
Msg #279432

As I stated Cali, I was looking for an honest answer. I really didn't think about the 100+ documents, only the signed documents when I posted.

Reply by sue_pa on 3/4/09 7:10am
Msg #279416

are you kidding?

Reply by Charles_Ca on 3/3/09 6:30pm
Msg #279381

I like Ring Central, works for me! n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 3/3/09 7:29pm
Msg #279387

A sheet fed scanner and an email to fax service are what I use. The scanner creates a PDF file that I just attach to an email and off it goes.

I detest traditional fax machines.

Of course, my setup isn't free... the scanner is part of a Brother MFC-7420 that I bought for $99 a few months ago on sale. I also use a service called MetroFax for my email to fax service. But, I pay $13 a month for it as I use it for other things, not just faxbacks for notary jobs. Also, any incoming faxes go to my email as a PDF rather that on paper. That way, I can open the files on my Blackberry anywhere.

I also use MaxEmail for other reasons/Clients, which is just as good as MetroFax, it just depends on your fax volume. MaxEmail is best for those that have under 250 in coming and outgoing faxes a month. Any more than that? Go with MetroFax.

Reply by No/ta/ry/2u on 3/3/09 7:57pm
Msg #279393

I just purchased a HP all in one automatic feeder. Total 128.00 from HP. I will now cancel my phone in order to save alittle.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/3/09 8:09pm
Msg #279395

I cancelled my land line and am saving a LOT! $60 mo x 12=$720 yr. for faxing capability? No more. Even when I cut LD svc, I was at $2.98 mo, + tax + $0.05 per minute and couldn't justify the cost + $34 for the local service.

Reply by Keys_Notary on 3/4/09 2:08am
Msg #279408

Re: question on best/cheapest way to fax dox back.

I use my all in one to scan to pdf & email. There are a few out there that still insist on faxing then I scan to pdf then go to faxzero.com send the file. Fax zero is free, they get the ad for fax zero on the cover page... Or you can pay them to leave the ad off.

Reply by sue_pa on 3/4/09 7:11am
Msg #279417

a laser fax will do 100+ pages in approx. 10 minutes on your end. I no longer have a dedicated fax line but switch the cord to my business line the few times I need to fax something.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 3/5/09 11:12am
Msg #279619

I use My Fax.com cost is $10.00 a month. It works great and it's cheap.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.