Notary Rotary
recorded message from Carmen
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2009 Index

Posted by Jessc098 on 3/17/09 2:15pm
Msg #280994

This morning I got a recorded message from "Carmen at 123-Notary" She was telling me my mship would be moved to the bottom in three days if I don't pay for membership. Is it worth it? The only work I've gotten from my free listing on that site wasn't very good in the first place. Your thoughts?

Reply by Roger_OH on 3/17/09 2:37pm
Msg #281000

Depends on how much you want to invest in your business. Those that have a premier listing here on NotRot will tell you they get more calls than those with free basic listings. It's pretty much the same with other sites; you want more exposure, you have to pay for it.

You're not doing well with the free listing, so upgrade and see what happens. It's a tax-deductible business expense anyway.

Suggest too that you beef up your profile with more details about your experience.

Reply by Jessc098 on 3/17/09 2:40pm
Msg #281001

Thanks for the suggestions Roger, I appreiate it. I'm getting plenty of work from other areas, so I'm iffy on if I want to spend on more marketing. It's always a tough call I think, however I can't help but wonder if those free listings are an invitation for low-fee offers. (I've turned down a bunch lately). Thanks again, I appreciate your thoguhts on this.

Reply by GA/Atty on 3/17/09 3:21pm
Msg #281007

Yes, it is worth it n/m

Reply by LisaWI on 3/17/09 4:24pm
Msg #281010

Re: Im on the Other Side.....

to this. And for the very same reasons you stated. I dont mind having my listing there, but the fee almost doubled from last year, and the amount of closings I actually accepted from the comps that found me there was very minimal.

I might add, our network has been the best thing that has happened to my business both on a referral basis and a networking basis. I cannot express enough good about the network.

Reply by Barbara___IL on 3/17/09 4:37pm
Msg #281013

I think it's worth it.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/17/09 5:16pm
Msg #281023

I pay for the highest position available (currently #2 in my zip code). It more than pays for itself. IMO it would be impossible for me to get the kind of web exposure I get from listing on the major sites. I don't waste advertising $$ anywhere but the 3 major sites, of which NotRot is one.

Reply by Carol Graff on 3/17/09 6:47pm
Msg #281031

which are those three major sites?

Reply by parkerc/ME on 3/17/09 7:29pm
Msg #281040

I got the same message. I get the majority of my business from other sites, NR included. Carmen can go ahead and move me to the bottom of the list if she wants. There are only a couple dozen SA's listed on her site anyway in my 30 mile area, so the "bottom" of the pile isn't very deep up here.

Reply by 1AZNotary on 3/17/09 10:24pm
Msg #281064

So worth it!!!! I have the #1 spot in my County and it pays over and over.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/18/09 6:12am
Msg #281085

As others have said, I do pay for a higher placement and I do feel it's worth it, but IMHO that company needs to hone its customer service skills - we are their customers and I don't like the recorded threats to move you to the bottom of the barrel unless you pay up within three days.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/18/09 7:17am
Msg #281091

I agree that their business practices are a bit jaded. It seems that sooner or later we get that call, and Carmen gets the money from us on the spot. Regardless of how they do business, they are still #1 as far as I'm concerned.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.