Notary Rotary
American Freedom Assurance
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2010 Index

Posted by RedBaron/IN on 8/3/10 8:17pm
Msg #347476

Ben Schivley called me. Does anyone have an update on AFA. The last posts were 2007 and were not good. They are willing to pay a fair fee but it is only good if they pay. I still have time to cancel if I don't receive good reports. Let me hear from you. Thanks in advance.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/3/10 8:29pm
Msg #347477

All reviews in Signing Central are from 2010 and they are

not good. I linked the message - check out their ratings.

Reply by Baragona/MO on 8/4/10 1:10pm
Msg #347563

Still waiting on payment from a 6/24 signing. I agree that the fee is good but I have a feeling based on reviews that I will not receive check until 60+ days out.

Reply by taxpro on 8/4/10 7:20pm
Msg #347611

Ben is very nice and easy to work with, and they do pay a fair fee. HOWEVER, with that said, you'd better be willing to wait at least 90 days to get paid, and you'll probably have to call and email them several times. At AFA, the squeaky wheel does seem to get the grease.

Their instructions state that you must send them a statement on the 21st of each month, listing all the invoices for the signings done that month. So if you did a signing on April 23rd, you can't invoice them for it until May 21st. Then, it will take them another 30 to 60 days to pay it. I did a signing for them in late April, and finally got paid July 25th. Naturally when any payment gets past 60 days, we worry that we won't get paid at all, and it becomes stressful having to call or email them daily. In this case, I have to admit that I did finally get paid, but it really wasn't worth the stress, and I won't work for them again.

Reply by Jessica Ward on 9/1/10 3:52pm
Msg #351231

I really like working with Ben, but good heavens they do pay slow.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.