Notary Rotary
Antivir Solution Pro
Notary Discussion History

Antivir Solution Pro
Go Back to August, 2010 Index

Posted by Baragona/MO on 8/3/10 11:04am
Msg #347415

Antivir Solution Pro

Just wanted to give you all a heads up on a new rogue virus that's going around. It is Antivir Solution Pro and typically attacks Windows Vista, but can also hit other Windows systems. Let me just tell you, it is awful! It is one of those virus programs that pretends it is an anti-virus security scan, 'warning' you that your computer is under attack and that you need to purchase this new program to get rid of the viruses. Once it is on your computer, you are basically at a standstill, as it will not let you open anything else except for Antivir Solution Pro.

If you have had one of these types of rigue programs in the past, you know it is a real pain! I got it today on my laptop but was able to get rid of it using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program. Of course, I had to use a flash drive on my safe computer as I was unable to connect to the internet from the laptop, even in safe mode. Just want to give a word of caution to everyone out there. Also, make sure your current security system is up-to-date! Better to pay a few bucks now than to potentially have to trash or completely restor your computer.

Just my bit of advice for the day! Smile

Reply by jba/fl on 8/3/10 11:32am
Msg #347419

Which Antivirus program are you running?

Malwarebytes is great - great success here and others have had good luck with it also. It is nice to keep this little program publicised because of its usefulness.

Reply by PAW on 8/3/10 11:42am
Msg #347421

Antivir Solution Pro - Removal instructions

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antivir-solution-pro.html

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.