Notary Rotary
Insured Closings-no pay
Notary Discussion History

Insured Closings-no pay
Go Back to August, 2010 Index

Posted by Notary/ME on 8/11/10 7:51am
Msg #348470

Insured Closings-no pay

I know it's been posted before, but I want to refresh it so to speak. I've still not been paid for a March closing for Insured Closings. I'm down to a few companies that I work for now, because of the low ballers and no pays. Today I'm calling the lender and see what they will do for me. Anyone working for them, anyone owed money from them?
Thanks and have a terrific day in Notary Land!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/11/10 8:23am
Msg #348472

IMO Don't waste your times with the lender

they have no obligation to you whatsoever...you'll be lucky if you get a response.

I'd simply draft a demand letter and send it to the company with a copy to title ... take it from there.. might also want to consider including a draft of a small claims writ naming both SS and title as defendants.

Just a thought.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/11/10 8:32am
Msg #348475

I too am owed one from March. To be honest, I thought that I had forgot to mark it paid on my spreadsheet because they have never been late. Then, when I saw this post, I knew I was right and have not been paid. 4,5 years ago I used to do quite a few for them, but they haven't met my fee in a long time. I took this one because I wasn't doing anything and they are very nice. Chris is very nice and she understands. Sorry to see that they are having problems.

Reply by Nina Thomas on 8/11/10 12:44pm
Msg #348506

Yes, I have one unpaid since March and have just turned to over to my attorney. I called them several times as was told they would forward it to accounting for attention so am guessing they are stalling.

Reply by SharonMN on 8/12/10 10:33am
Msg #348614

Re: Insured Closings

I just recently got paid for one I did at the beginning of May. They have an "inquire about payment" link on their website, which seems to be more effectively than calling and emailing, so use it. Unfortunately, the fact that they had to install such a link implies they are having a lot of inquiries!

Reply by Notary/ME on 8/12/10 1:49pm
Msg #348651

Update: I'm told that "Sue" is the owner and her email is [e-mail address] and she is "accounting". I've called and emailed and still no response. I'll keep at it, but just wanted to update anyone looking. 4 months and waiting = don't call me again to work for free.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.