Interesting form of Notary fraud
Go Back to August, 2010 Index

Posted by Stamper_WI on 8/15/10 10:13am
Msg #348986

Interesting form of Notary fraud

http://seminal.firedoglake.com/diary/64888

Reply by desktopfull on 8/15/10 1:15pm
Msg #348991

Seems they are always able to find notary's willing to commit fraud. Not being political here, but what's confusing in the article is in one part of the article they are talking about the fraudulent collection of signatures by notaries for the Hayworth Independence Party Campaign and in another they refer to Hayworth being the GOP candidate, wasn't aware that you could run for office under two party platforms. Very odd.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 8/15/10 5:21pm
Msg #349021

"wasn't aware that you could run for office under two party platforms. Very odd."

Don't know if it's done elsewhere, but in NY it is very common for a candidate to be endorsed by multiple parties and then appear on the ballot multiple times.

Reply by desktopfull on 8/15/10 6:02pm
Msg #349031

Wasn't aware of that Mike, thanks for the info. Crist had to drop from the Republican party to run as an independent here in FL. Maybe that because the political parties pay for their own primary. Oh getting to political for this forum.

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/15/10 1:25pm
Msg #348992

From the article: "According to New York State Law, a notary public who practices fraud by issuing a document knowing that it contains a false statement or false information is guilty of a Class E Felony and may be imprisoned up to 4 years."

Let's watch and see what happens to these notaries. It should be interesting. And, if they participated in fraud, I hope they go to the notary pokey!

I could not help but be sidetracked by the ads on this publication's page.

I wonder of the notaries in the article have an ad that says, "Show your support and legalize notary fraud. Buy a tshirt today that says, "Notary Fraud is OK!' "

Here is the ad:
====
Visit the Just Say Now Store

Show your support for Just Say Now and marijuana legalization with some great products from our store.

We have hemp tshirts, hemp tote bags, stickers, buttons, frisbees, and more, and all proceeds fund our campaign to legalize marijuana.
====

You gotta admit that an article about crime on a page with ads relating to legalizing crime is a little ironic. Smile

Reply by Stamper_WI on 8/15/10 6:34pm
Msg #349038

LOL I didn't even notice that Brenda! To busy wondering about the mass ignorance of the notary's and what their rational will be.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 8/16/10 2:36am
Msg #349091

Comparing apples to oranges, Bren. Notaries Public

Fraud doesn't begin to compare with pro-hemp issues.

But I get your irony - that defrauding the Public is somehow magically connceted to hemp farming...

Problem is, Hemp is a useful, sustainable, versitile, dependable and natual product that woud improve lives, and fraud by Notaries Public does the exact opposite...

Did you know that Henry Ford made a ~car~ out of Hemp? It ran, and transported. How cool is that?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.