Notary Rotary
Messages re: low ball, poor payers, non paying
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2010 Index

Posted by Frank/NC on 8/2/10 1:54pm
Msg #347299

I use a Blackberry and as I read postings regarding problems with TC's or SS I note it in the Blackberry. This has probably saved me lots of time researching or accepting jobs that I have to turn down later. Just wondering if others do the same.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 8/3/10 6:00am
Msg #347392

I seem to have a good memory when it comes to this ...

I don't seem to attract the clients I wouldn't want to work with in the first place - but now and then someone slips through the cracks. If I'm not familiar with them, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt ...for as long as it takes me to check here.

If I find out they've had no qualms establishing a definite & clear pattern of stiffing people - I in turn have no qualms about immediately cancelling.

It's my belief that there is a direct correlation between accepted fees & payment issues.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/3/10 8:31am
Msg #347397

I've been fairly lucky in this regard too..and I attribute

it to regular reading here and on other forums - I read this board several times per day as time allows...but at least twice faithfully - morning and evening - steady, regular reading has ingrained the names of the deadbeats into my head...and when the name shows up on my phone, bells (other than ringing phone) of recognition go off immediately.

Forewarned is forearmed...

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/3/10 7:38am
Msg #347394

Like Renee, I seem to have a good memory about non-payers when they call. With that said, when they DO call, I immediately save them into my phone address book with a "No!" in front of their name. So the next time they call, I just send it to VM. The company I most frequently send to VM is Genuine Title!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.