Notary Rotary
OT TransUnion $75M settlement: 28yrs+ & had credit '87-'00
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2010 Index

Posted by Moneyman/TX on 8/23/10 4:28pm
Msg #350159

DISCLAIMER: I am not attempting to advertise for this law firm or the site. I ran across this site and wanted to present this as a form of information announcement. When I called the number the recording stated that there are multiple law firms involved. With that said, anyone can visit the site and then do their own research to determine if they would like to find out if they are eligible to file a claim and which law firm (via web searches?) they would like to file it with.

THIS IS MEANT TO BE INFORMATIVE ONLY. I HAVE NOT EVEN FILED A CLAIM AT THIS POINT. I JUST VISITED THE SITE AND WANTED TO POST IMMEDIATELY DUE TO THE DEADLINE OF SEPTEMBER 17, 2010

********** The following information is from the site listed below:

"The deadline to file a lawsuit to preserve your claim is September 17, 2010"

"As part of a class action settlement, TransUnion set aside $75 million to compensate persons whose credit information was illegally sold by the U.S. credit reporting company to target marketing companies in the United States between the years 1987 and 2000. If you are one of the thousands of Americans who used or had any form of credit or credit cards, or had any kind of loan, including a car loan, home loan or student loan, between 1987 and 2000, you likely have a claim under the class action settlement for money damages against TransUnion. Unfortunately, TransUnion is not just going to hand over $75 Million Dollars to you – you will have to hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit to make your claim for this money."

More Info: http://www.tuclaim.com/2010/07/09/transunion-complaints-class-action-settlement-75-million-dollar-lawsuit/

Additional disclaimer: I am not an attorney, this is not meant to be taken as offering legal advice or services and I have NO affiliation with the site or firm listed here. This is for general information only.

Should this be deemed as a from of advertisement, I formally ask NotRot to take it off immediately and apologize in advance.

Reply by anotaryinva on 8/23/10 6:23pm
Msg #350182

I don't see this as advertisement at all. This is to help your fellow forum members without any benefit to you, sort of like a Staples, Office Depot or Quill ad.

I did click on the link and this is what came up:

Thank you for your interest in the TransUnion lawsuit. Unfortunately, the deadline for filing a claim with our firm has passed. If we may assist you further in any other way, please just let us know.

Maybe I clicked the wrong link or didn't read far enough.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 8/23/10 8:42pm
Msg #350193

Think there are actually 2 parts and the 1st one is over.

I think there was already one type of settlement for the same thing. That threw me off too at first.

Reading near where I pulled out the info they explain that this is for the $75M part and the deadline is Sept. for that one.

I have one more signing tonight then I'll be able to look at it again and also do a little more research overall.

Reply by MrEd_Ca on 8/23/10 6:41pm
Msg #350184

TU Settlement ---

--- if you were part of the settlement I believe you received either 6 or 9 months worth of credit report monitoring for free after, which they bill you for it.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 8/23/10 8:44pm
Msg #350194

Re: TU Settlement ---

Hope that's not all it is. Frown Have another signing then I'll do some more research on it a little later. Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.