Notary Rotary
Pet Peeve
Notary Discussion History

Pet Peeve
Go Back to August, 2010 Index

Posted by mwm143 on 8/17/10 1:23pm
Msg #349337

Pet Peeve

Package is 153 pages...20 or so are copies of insurance declaration pages and all schedules of a tax return plus at least 20 completely blank pages. If you cleaned it up it should have only been about 100.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/17/10 1:38pm
Msg #349342

I hear you. Make sure you don't print those 20 blank pages for the borrower.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/17/10 1:52pm
Msg #349345

Right there with you on that one. Also, companies who won't

pay an extra charge for these huge pkgs. Grrrrrrr.

Reply by enotary/va on 8/17/10 2:30pm
Msg #349356

Package is 146 pages... of the 146 pages = 30 pages are a book on how great of a loan company they are. BO told me they mailed her this booklet when she first started the loan process. So... BO didn't need another copy and the copy i sent back with the package will be trashed. = 60 pages wasted!!!!!!

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/17/10 3:05pm
Msg #349360

These companies are taking advantage of us when they include their advertising literature in with the loan package that we are to print out. Usually the literature is fairly toner-intensive, too. How about those credit card applications that BofA was sending out with their docs a while back?

Reply by JulieD/KS on 8/17/10 4:15pm
Msg #349370

I had a company include an appraisal with the loan docs and I called to let them know that printing the appraisal is not included in my edoc fee...and if they want me to print that, I'm charging extra. The gal had the audacity to tell me (and I quote) "You'll print anything we send you to print."

Uh...no I won't.

The appraiser is getting paid $350 (or $400). He can print & send his own darned package. I'm certainly not going to print a toner-heavy 20-page appraisal at no extra cost.

I think I came here an inquired about it and everyone was in agreement...the appraisal is NOT a part of the edoc package.
There are a lot of shysters out there who will take advantage...if we let them.

Reply by SharonMN on 8/17/10 4:43pm
Msg #349373

I do think it is amazing that the average overnight package is much smaller than the average edocs package. I think for edocs, some place just include one (or more) of every form they have and figure they will throw away the ones they don't need later.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/17/10 5:56pm
Msg #349380

My theory too, Sharon.... n/m

Reply by Susan Fischer on 8/17/10 6:25pm
Msg #349384

'If some's good, more's better' seems to

be the way of it.

Reply by June Perkins on 8/17/10 6:35pm
Msg #349387

Re: 'If some's good, more's better' seems to

Many unnecessary pages. Example, if the escrow is waived, why send all escrow papers for them to sign? errrr!

Reply by pat/WA on 8/17/10 7:07pm
Msg #349389

Re: 'If some's good, more's better' seems to

How about nine TILs all identical!

Reply by Susan Fischer on 8/17/10 9:04pm
Msg #349413

...and 12 RTCs for a single borrower...grrrr n/m

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 8/18/10 9:24am
Msg #349439

if the escrow is waived, why send all escrow papers

Might be a matter of state law. In IL, lender has to offer a mortgagee the option
of setting up a pledged savings account in lieu of an escrow, even if no escrow.
Savings account has to be for 1 1/2 times last tax bill and then bwr must pay the taxes himself.
In twelve years and about 20,000 signings, I have NEVER had anyone choose that option,
but it still needs to be offered.
Agree , however , about multiple copies of same doc, and several variations of occupancy affidavit, name affidavit, patriot act , etc, etc.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 8/18/10 2:18pm
Msg #349493

Why don't they just send us all of their stuff that needs to

be copied. Just include an airbill & the notary will do it for free! They are ripping us off! We are printing LOAN docs! Have you ever noticed it's usually the ones who are always late, have zillions of errors & the HUD gets revised a jillion times after the initial printing??? Excess pprwk = messy, sloppy & LATE!!! If they'd clean up their act, they wouldn't hav to send so manny copies!

I hv some cos. who hv 70 pg pkgs & they're early & error-free! I can only imagine how sloppily the others process these docs once they receive them! How do these folks keep their jobs???

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.