Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Resolved my issue with Title companys not paying!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2010 Index

Posted by Van Nguyen on 8/30/10 6:10pm
Msg #350981

So I had a issue with this certain title company of not paying me for this one signing I did all the way out in Moreno Valley!! They owed me 200 dollars for that signing and I called them for 2 months and they would always give either the run around or tell me they will send me the check ASAP but I never received anything! So I was telling my friends about it and he referred me to getting this legal membership and I was a little doubtful at first but then I called the law office and the attorney was super helpful! He sent a letter to the title company demanding my payment and I received an apology letter and my check in 2 weeks! I just wanted to post this on here because me and my sister both do notary and we have friends that do it also and we always run into the issue of none payment and I thought this could be helpful for other notary people that have the issue also.

Reply by JimAZ on 8/30/10 6:35pm
Msg #350984

What did the law office charge you for the collection letter?

Reply by Van Nguyen on 8/30/10 6:41pm
Msg #350985

It was free! It's covered under my membership. My friend referred me to the service. If you like I can give you his number and you call him

Reply by MW/VA on 8/30/10 7:54pm
Msg #350996

Is that a legal services co. specific to CA or are they

national? I would be interested in hearing more. You can send me a p/m. TIA

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 8/30/10 8:24pm
Msg #351001

It's an advertisement for Prepaid Legal.

For all the money one would put into that you could get an attorney's letter for less money.
Shoshana

Reply by MW/VA on 8/30/10 8:27pm
Msg #351002

Thanks, Shoshanna. That's what I thought this was about. n/m

Reply by Van Nguyen on 8/31/10 1:48am
Msg #351016

Re: Thanks, Shoshanna. That's what I thought this was about.

I was taught a long time ago from my parents that if you buy into others opinion, you buy into their live style. If they don't have what you want then they can't give you the advice you need. I don't listen to anyone's opinion I like to do my research. I was just making a suggestion so to others that have trouble collecting payment

Reply by Susan Fischer on 8/30/10 9:20pm
Msg #351004

I've heard positive feedback from Notarial clients about

pre-paid plans. I can see where it makes sense in our extra-legal NotaryLand, to have an atty on a modest retainer, like the occasional Collection Problems.

All of those honest reporters said they liked the accessibility to forms, and good service.

While not for everyone, the key is always research and matching needs-to-services, to find out.

The OP's info was good information to check out, imho.

Reply by Van Nguyen on 8/31/10 1:53am
Msg #351017

Re: I've heard positive feedback from Notarial clients about

Thanks Susan for your positive feed back. I was just making a suggestion for another way to try to collect your payment from shady title companies.

Reply by Stephanie_CA on 8/31/10 11:03am
Msg #351043

Thank you for the info Van...n/a n/m

Reply by Van Nguyen on 8/31/10 1:44am
Msg #351015

Re: It's an advertisement for Prepaid Legal.

Yes it is Pre Paid Legal Services that I signed up for to get my money from the title company. I am not advertising I am just referring a good service, just like I would refer a good restaurant or a movie. I never heard of that company but when my friend approached me to get the service to get my money back I did my research on bbb and they seem to be a legit company. I got my money from the title company so believe it or not I got my moneys worth through that membership.

Reply by CF on 8/31/10 7:36am
Msg #351020

That is the issue....the backhanded way that you plugged

your pre-paid legal MLM to get people to join under you!!!!

Sorry....but if a person can not write their own "simple and effective" collection letter then they should not be a business owner!!!! This should work the majority of the time and the times it does not ...will not justify paying a monthly fee to use a collection letter every now and again.

Although, I am never ceased to be amazed at all the people that have collection issues. Perhaps working for the "good" companies would be a better plan.

MHO

Reply by MW/VA on 8/31/10 10:10am
Msg #351033

Yes, this is about advertising. I asked for a p/m & got it.

Fortunately, I don't have a lot of collection issues. I'm choosy who I take work from in the first place.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/31/10 7:50am
Msg #351021

Van..I'm going to go with yes you were trying to

help...but we've seen this process before both here and on other sites...those who promote this provide a link to the site, which link includes their name...so each successful click and signup results in payment to the "helper" - in this case you...

I'm not sure how much it costs and, personally, I'm not interested, but IMO I'd have to have a good deal of outstanding invoices subject to collection in order to warrant paying for Pre-paid legal...and thankfully I don't - not to mention I prefer to keep my files, and therefore the pertinent info they contain, to myself.I don't want to be sharing borrower info with ANYONE other than the parties involved in the file. But that's just me...I'd even hesitate to use a collection agency for just this reason.

It's the self-advertising that touched people off...

JMHO

Reply by jba/fl on 8/31/10 7:59am
Msg #351022

Van - excessive noise is how I characterize you

10 messages, 5 of them yours.

There is a reason and I don't think it is altruistic. There is a motive here and I don't care for it. I spoke recently of a shark tank to some friends, and I see one here. There is not a need for a 'frenzy'.

Reply by Van Nguyen on 8/31/10 10:32am
Msg #351040

Re: Van - excessive noise is how I characterize you

Haha you guys are funny, seems like you guys are all sharks. I referred a good service, like I said everyone knows how to refer a good restaurant and a good movie, in everyone's word if I had said Avatar is a great movie you should try watching it, that must mean I have some financial gain right? But apparently if I refer a good service, I must be selling it? Thanks for everyone's comments! I had fun reading them. If you think I am advertising and it's not for you, then why even waste your time commenting? Some of you guys need to go to Church! God can only judge me and his judgment is the only thing that matters. " you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" Good Day everyone!!! =)

Reply by MW/VA on 8/31/10 10:38am
Msg #351042

Yes, I think you posted with the best of intentions of

sharing good info with us. It's just that we are always on the alert for those who abuse the site with attempts at some kind of advertising. I hope you have a good day also.

Reply by Baragona/MO on 8/31/10 12:05pm
Msg #351059

What does church or God have to do with this discussion? Aren't you passing judgment on the other posters of this thread by stating that they need to go to church?

Reply by JanetK_CA on 9/1/10 1:04am
Msg #351147

Sorry, but with this post, I feel you've crossed over from offering a suggestion to outright selling. If your motive is truly to be helpful, then one mention is sufficient.

I suspect that somewhere in the prepaid legal literature (at least local to me) is a mention of notaries as a potential target for recruiting. I can't count how many times I've received cold-calls from people recruiting for pre-paid legal, saying they got my name from - somewhere on the internet; I'm not exactly sure where, and it doesn't matter.

Let me just say I'm not a big fan of that type of approach, to say the least! I'm not saying Pre-paid Legal is a bad thing, but that's a very individual issue. And as for a business alternative, I think it leaves much to be desired and I believe there are better options out there. But that's just me.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 8/31/10 12:04pm
Msg #351058

It did come off a little as advertising, but I think your intentions were positive.

When I have an issue, I do talk to my attorney. A letter on an attorney's letterhead is always more powerful than a letter on a notary's letterhead. It's just the way things are.

Reply by Rita Joyce on 8/31/10 3:57pm
Msg #351078

What and who is this legal membership? I am having similar problems with gettng paid.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.