Notary Rotary
SOMEONE WILLING TO LET ME TO WITNESS A SIGNING - N.J
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2010 Index

Posted by TOKYO macons mobil notary sevrvice on 8/30/10 4:03pm
Msg #350951

I AM NEW TO THE SINGING BUSINESS AND WOULD LIKE TO FIND SOMEONE WHO IS WILLING TO LET ME GO WITH THEM ON A (SIGNING) TO OBSERVE THE PROCESS- MY OFFICE WILL BE FINISHED IN FEW WEEKS AND I JUST WANTED TO SEE HOW THINGS ARE DONE IN THE REAL WORLD. I AM CERTIFIED - A MEMBER OF THE NATIONAL NOTARY ASSOCIATION AND COMPLETED A SINGING AGENT CLASS SO FAR, BUT I HAVE ZERO EXPERIENCE.
I LIVE IN THE STATE OF N.J ( MIDDLESEX COUNTY AREA) I CAN TRAVEL TO YOU OR YOUR SINGING LOCATION-
I CAN BE CONTACTED AT ( [e-mail address]) IF YOUR INTERESTED IN HELPING A NOVICE,
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE/ MACON
PS . I CAN ALSO HELP OUT WITH GAS MONEY

Reply by Teresa/FL on 8/30/10 4:16pm
Msg #350954

Macon, I don't think you will get any takers. Here's why:

1. It is a major violation of privacy laws for someone to allow you access to the borrower's information.

2. No one wants to train someone who would be a potential competitor.

About a month ago I received a call from a new signing agent who wanted to ride along with me to a signing. I declined, based on the issue of violating the borrower's privacy, but suggested the caller study the docs contained in a typical loan package and MAYBE, if someone in her circle of friends or family was refinancing or purchasing a home, they would allow her to sit in and observe.

Good luck.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/30/10 4:35pm
Msg #350961

It's already been said that it's unlikely that someone will be willing to take you along to a signing. I was once exactly where you are. If you do some research on this board, you will probably discover that your training & "certification" from the XYZ organization has you prepared for nothing. There are better training courses available. One of the notaries who posts here has an online course & NR has a really good training manual.
I do wish you luck. This is a very tough business. It takes a while to try to get established & build a business & client list. I remember that the NJ notaries have been posting about how slow it's been for them.
Please, don't take any assignments until you know what you're doing.

Reply by Jack/AL on 8/30/10 4:44pm
Msg #350967

Sure, happy to let you tag along,

as long as the lender, title company, and borrowers don't mind. Y'all come!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.