Notary Rotary
hmm..still waiting for docs
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2010 Index

Posted by MT/IL on 8/26/10 11:12am
Msg #350533

Was suppose to have a 10 a.m. closing this morning, but still no docs. Called signing company and e-mailed and finally received a call from an after hours rep saying the person I need to talk to does come in for two hours and she also sent an e-mail to her. Do you think the signing company would call me and let me know the status…nope. I suggested to borrower to call lender and maybe she could find out more than I am. Rep from Bank of America called me a few times last being 20 minutes ago and said they were on their way. I told them I hope so, because I have other appointments this afternoon and I can't sit and wait. While typing this message, borrower called me to find out if I have the docs because they told her they were sending them to me 20 minutes ago. Nope still no docs! I am thinking about calling signing company and raising me fee. This is crazy!

Reply by JulieD/KS on 8/26/10 11:21am
Msg #350535

If you give the signing service a 3-hour deadline for receipt of docs at the time you accept the appointment, you will not be held edoc hostage. I've been doing this for several years now and it frees me up to go on with my day. When docs arrive, they can call me and see if I'm available...and if I am, then yes, my fee will then include an extra $25 for late docs. This is also disclosed up front.

If I've learned one thing from the shoddiness of how we are treated by signing services and some title companies, it's to disclose disclose disclose UPFRONT what my company terms are. Then, we are all on the same page and I'm not treated like a marionette.

Reply by MT/IL on 8/26/10 11:31am
Msg #350540

Thank you for your input. Called signing agent (who is a 4 star company) and left once another message and informed her that I have not received a return call from her regarding the status and that I was promised the docs 1/2 hour ago from lender. You would think they would communicate with their notaries. I also told her in my message that my fee is another $25 for waiting and missing another closing I was called to do (they called yesterday for appt. this morning). I was even told by signing agents after hour gal that "Oh, you should never pass up a closing." My response was "well I am not going to double book the same hour appt. when I have made a commitment to your company and then end up with two closings at the same time in different towns." The borrower nor I should have to chase docs. I feel bad for the borrower. She is a sweet older lady.

Reply by MT/IL on 8/26/10 5:15pm
Msg #350603

Well I finally received my 10 a.m. closing docs at 12:50 p.m. after chasing the docs and talking with the lender since signing agent would not return calls or e-mail messages. What a nightmare!

After asking to speak with a supervisor, I was told by signing agent that they are "too busy to call every notary" and once they get a call from notary stating they don't have docs they e-mail title company regarding same. After I asked why they don't communicate with their notaries to let them know the status of docs instead of having them waiting around, I received a response that is how they do it and stated again they are too busy to call the notary if they don't have any information on where the docs are. As I stated to the supervisor I was speaking with, wouldn't it be nice if you could follow up with the title company and give the notary some sort of communication as to what is going on? OMG to much work to pick up the phone????

Finally, after she wasn't understanding why I was frustrated and stated that that "was part of the business, sometime we get late docs." In response I told her that I understood that and that is not the whole reason I am upset. I further went on to explain that I was "upset that after I placed numerous e-mails and calls to the contact name given, that they didn't have the courtesy to call or e-mail me, the notary, with a status report and left me hanging not knowing if we were closing...I am don't get paid to chase docs, and if that was the case, then I would be charging a whole lot more! I finally ended it and said if I don't get the docs by such and such time then they will have to find another notary and while your at it up my fee to $xxx. I would have done that earlier if I didn't feel sorry for the borrower jumping through hoops as well.

Boy, I feel better now! Thanks for letting me vent! Smile What a day!!!!

Reply by Cari on 8/26/10 6:35pm
Msg #350610

well, all I have to say is, good luck getting paid... n/m

Reply by Cari on 8/26/10 6:33pm
Msg #350609

you should always respond in your email confirmation

what YOUR expectations are...three minimum wait time, etc.

otherwise, you will lose business from legitimate clients for being late to the clients closings...

what county do you work in...just curious. I'm in Cook.

Reply by Mary Ellen Elmore on 8/27/10 8:43am
Msg #350669

If I accept an appointment before Noon, I require the docs be to me the night before--if they can not do that--neither can I.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.