Notary Rotary
regarding Msg #350648
Notary Discussion History

regarding Msg #350648
Go Back to August, 2010 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 8/27/10 9:06am
Msg #350672

regarding Msg #350648

I received a call from this title company a few days ago.

-Hi you did a signing for Mr XXXX thru xx signing company and you did not notarized the DOT, and I need you to send me an acknowledgement because this is holding the funding of this loan.

--Oh really? ok, what was the borrower's name again please?

-Mr XXXX in the city of XXX

--Ok, can you please send me a copy of the document where I missed my signature and seal?

-Well, the documents were sent out directly to the lender and I don't have a copy

--How can you tell that my seal/signature is missing if you don't have a copy if front of you, but please
let me check in my records because this borrower asked to scan and email the notarized docs to him. Please wait.

-Can I put you on hold? I need to check on something.

--Sure

-Are you still there?

--Yes I am here(by that time I had the DOT in front of me with no missing seal,signature or borrower's signature)

-I am sorry I was looking at a wrong file, sorry bye.

--Oh ok, thanks, bye.

How can you have wrong file if she told the borrowers name,signing company etc. etc. The phone number showed in my caller id was from that title company. This ss company has a 25.00 dollar deduction for any
missed notarization. Opinions?

Thanks.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/27/10 9:09am
Msg #350673

Sounds like they're creating reasons not to pay. Can you reveal the name of the co.?

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 8/27/10 10:38am
Msg #350679

All that just to save $25? Makes me wonder if something else wasn't going on, such as changing the vesting on the DOT? But perhaps it does just boil down to money.

It's a shame that we have to keep copies of the critical docs to cover ourselves, but I guess that's what the business had degraded to. Your experience is a wake up call for the rest of us.

Reply by SOCAL/CA on 8/27/10 11:08am
Msg #350683

It's best to CYOA. Invest in a good scanner.

Reply by npross on 8/29/10 12:32am
Msg #350832

Seriously, nothing to worry about. Everyone is SO busy right now, EO are working 12 hour days, the info could have been passed on incorrectly. I've had a call, same situation, she claimed I missed 3 documents. I asked her to check her docs that she sent, and sure enought she didn't scan them. So simple mistake on her part, and we took care of it for a small fee...no biggie.
Everyone is understaffed and overworked, I doubt that they took all this time just to save $25.00, but who knows. $25 is a bit high- I can understand if its $5-$15, but $25. Well whatever works

Reply by GA/Atty on 8/27/10 11:27am
Msg #350685

I had an issue earlier this month where a wife was signing

for her husband with a POA.

I got a call a few days after the signing telling me that I had made an error in the way I had her sign and that I needed to go back out to get the docs resigned.

When I spoke to the borrower, I discovered that the real issue holding up funding was that the title company did not have an original POA to record (which supposedly had been sent to them by the borrower before the original signing date).

This was an instance where the escrow officer had messed up by not getting the POA and then, to shift the blame for the funding delay, had created an issue with the signing where in fact there was none.

So - one possible explanation is that there was someone looking for a scapegoat for an issue that had nothing to do with the signing itself.

Reply by Doris_CO on 8/27/10 1:20pm
Msg #350702

Maybe they did something to the original acknowledgement, like spilling their coffee on that page.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/27/10 2:39pm
Msg #350704

I’d say don’t work for CS companies.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.