Notary Rotary
Favorite Signing Company
Notary Discussion History

Favorite Signing Company
Go Back to January, 2010 Index

Posted by TechGirl2001 on 1/18/10 5:58pm
Msg #318463

Favorite Signing Company

I really enjoy working for Notary Assurance and their staff! They are always so helpful and the customer service and support is outstanding. I wish more signing companies would follow in their foot steps. Any other good ones out there, I sure could use a couple more companies like them in these slow times.

Reply by Cari on 1/18/10 6:16pm
Msg #318467

who r u again? n/m

Reply by TechGirl2001 on 1/18/10 6:22pm
Msg #318468

Re: who r u again?

I am fairly new to Notary Rotary but I am Jennifer and I am a part time notary in the Phoenix area. Hoping to find a few more good signing companies in the area to make a little more money. Girl needs shopping money and I enjoy doing signings in my free time!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/18/10 6:32pm
Msg #318469

Go to Signing Central and pick companies from there

You can read feedback about them along with payment history...I'd go with the 4 and 5 star companies only...

MHO

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/18/10 9:42pm
Msg #318478

For lots of people on this board, shopping money in this market would be a luxury - probably including people who are in your market area. So finding those few good signing companies will come to you only through plenty of "sweat equity". People aren't going to just give up their bread and butter clients to anyone reading this, at the risk of someone who is just looking for some extra shopping money (or anyone else for that matter) undercutting them on price. Wink I don't mean this as harsh as it ended up sounding, but that kind of thing has been happening here for years. So I'm afraid you need to do the legwork yourself.

Linda gave you some good advice!

Reply by TechGirl2001 on 1/18/10 10:40pm
Msg #318481

Why is it the majority of peope in this forum are so bitter and negative. I was happy to share a good company with everyone and would have no problem refering another notary if I thought they did a good job. I am a part time notary and don't understand why is it a problem that I work as a signing agent to make a little extra money for my hobbies. I think if you all spent a little more time working together rather that against each other this industry would have a much better reputation. This post is a perfect example of how bitter some of you are. I was posting a positive review and asking others to share. Two out of three responses were negative. I could understand you not wanting to share with me if I was working in your same zip code. That being said I share information with other notaries in my area all the time and if anything its helped me to get more jobs. I have done my legwork and as I mentioned Notary Assurance is one of my bread and butter clients that I would like to share with the rest of the notary world. Hopefully someone that needs that one more client or couple more signings a month to make ends meet will read this post and be able to benefit from it. I think that was the purpose of this forum originally but that purpose seems to have been lost some time ago.

Reply by Ruby on 1/18/10 11:11pm
Msg #318484

advertising

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/18/10 11:14pm
Msg #318485

Are you freaking kidding?

You come onto a forum for an industry where a large percentage of us are struggling just to pay the bills each month, say "a girl needs her shopping money", and wonder why people didn't just start spewing company names at you?

Hopefully one of the people who needs a couple more signings a month to make ends meet will see this post, undercut you with your bread and butter client to the point where they stop using you, and then you'll understand why people don't post the names of their best companies on a public message board, even if they're not in the same zip code as you.

And if you really thought the purpose of this forum was for people to hand you hard earned information on a silver platter, for no other reason than to make your life easier and give you more money for shoes and makeup, then you clearly never had a clue what the real purpose of this place is. But here's a hint for you: it ain't that.

Reply by 101livescan on 1/18/10 11:18pm
Msg #318487

Re: Are you freaking kidding?

Yep, couldn't have said it better myself.

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/18/10 11:18pm
Msg #318488

And one more thing

Until I posted, you didn't get a single bitter or negative response to your question. So quit whining and making stuff up simply because you didn't get exactly what you wanted, that kind of ridiculous sense of entitlement is revolting.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/19/10 12:50am
Msg #318492

" I think that was the purpose of this forum originally but that purpose seems to have been lost some time ago. "

I'm the last to post tonight it appears, and my sentiments are not yours by any stretch. Dare I? yeah:

There you go - thinking again. Very narrowly and without much afore thought, I believe. No matter how well intentioned you 'think' you were in actuality it fell short.

Reply by Cari on 1/19/10 5:15am
Msg #318498

oh pleeaseee Bambie, from shopping money 2 ends meat...

...was ur post really supposed to be 'legit'....I don't think so...reads like you were promoting the one
SS you either work for as an employee, or work for exclusively as an NSA.

....tell u what...if its not listed on SC already, list that one SS...then after a few nsa's have worked for them we'll all know if that company is legit or not....can't go praising before anyone here has done any work for them??

...u just show up out of the blue and post some randam stuff about a SS some of us never heard of?

...and didn't you send out a bunch of emails promoting that company??

...which would then prove ur post is really NOT legit....but a sorry attempt at phishing for sucker notaries, and free advertising which is frowned upon on this forum...

Reply by Notarysigner on 1/19/10 7:53am
Msg #318509

When I first started I felt as you but I didn't ask for help though. I kinda sit back inspite of my disappointment in the dialog and observed what was R E A L L Y going on. I'm here to say, "ol dogs do learn new tricks"! Read, read, read, learn who knows what they're talking about and who's full of it. Search button, search button, search button, make Signing Central you best friend, use it's discussions button, comments, etc. Then NEVER talk about shopping money. IMO

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 1/19/10 8:56am
Msg #318512

Techgirl

This forum was started to discuss notarial procedures, share experiences, ask questions of your peers, etc. We discuss notarial procedures here, we do share experiences we have with the various companies and many of us have asked questions of each other.

We don't post lists of companies that are good, that is what Signing Central is for. But we will certainly alert other members to companies that don't pay.

Most of the notaries posting on this board do loan signings full time as their bread and butter, not as a part time job for "shopping money", and with the market being what it is the number of signings are down all over and for those doing it full time to pay their bills, to keep a roof over their head, it is so easy to understand why someone who is doing it as a hobby is not well received.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/19/10 12:33am
Msg #318491

Free time, really? You have free time? Meh.

Everyone I know on this forum, and correct me if I'm wrong folks, has precious little free time.

You make a grand entrance, to make shopping money - for we oldies - pin money - and want our books of business.

Well, you have brass ones, TechGirl.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/19/10 3:41am
Msg #318496

That was great!!! And I couldn't agree more.

I laughed so hard, I woke the cat... So much for trying to be nice. Sheeesh!!! ALL responses were right on the money (no pun intended...)

Reply by Cari on 1/19/10 5:05am
Msg #318497

...well I'm done..."shopping money" geez.... n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 1/18/10 11:17pm
Msg #318486

You will not find a finer group of professionals than those on this board. I've been a member since 2001. Most of the people who responded to you have been here for quite a spell too. You might have come off a little flippant and unprofessional. We've all earned our stripes and stars through hard work. We don't view this work as a way to "earn a little spending money." This is our livelihood. Do your homework. Research your own clients. NETWORK. Be careful not to "step in it" here, especially if you are thin skinned. You will hear about it in feedback.

Reply by Cari on 1/19/10 7:21am
Msg #318503

interesting owned by Netco Title...???

main: nassurance.com
created: 10-Sep-2008
last-changed: 11-Sep-2009
registration-expiration: 10-Sep-2010

nserver: ns57.1and1.com 74.208.2.9
nserver: ns58.1and1.com 74.208.3.8

registrant-firstname: Dereck
registrant-lastname: Allen
registrant-organization: Netco, Inc
registrant-street1: 401 Fountain Lakes Blvd
registrant-pcode: 63301
registrant-state: MO
registrant-city: Saint Charles
registrant-ccode: US
registrant-phone: +1.8777763826
registrant-email:

admin-c-firstname: Dereck
admin-c-lastname: Allen
admin-c-organization: Netco, Inc
admin-c-street1: 401 Fountain Lakes Blvd
admin-c-pcode: 63301
admin-c-state: MO
admin-c-city: Saint Charles
admin-c-ccode: US
admin-c-phone: +1.8777763826
admin-c-email:

tech-c-firstname: Hostmaster
tech-c-lastname: ONEANDONE
tech-c-organization: 1&1 Internet Inc.
tech-c-street1: 701 Lee Rd.
tech-c-street2: Suite 300
tech-c-pcode: 19087
tech-c-state: PA
tech-c-city: Chesterbrook
tech-c-ccode: US
tech-c-phone: +1.8774612631
tech-c-fax: +1.6105601501
tech-c-email:

Reply by Negrete on 1/19/10 7:35am
Msg #318504

And then $10.95 to join.

And on top of all that, the notary assurance company wants money to sign up with them ?

I don't think so. If I tried something like that I would be out of biz in no time.

Anthony J Negrete
Negrete's Notary Service Inc.

www.enotarynow.com
419-524-1600

Reply by Gavina Franklin on 1/19/10 7:47am
Msg #318506

Re: And then $10.95 to join.

I work with notary assurance for sometime and they pay me xxx in 30 days. Never had to pay a fee to join.

Reply by Cari on 1/19/10 7:50am
Msg #318507

details Gavina...details...how long is 'sometime' and for

what type of loan, refi, purchase.....r u new as well? and why are u hiding your profile? did you list them on SC and give them a rating yet...if not...pls do so...will help the rest of us...

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 1/19/10 8:44am
Msg #318511

Re: details Gavina...details...how long is 'sometime' and for

Gavina isn't new. She is a premier member here.
Not everyone links to their profile.

Reply by jfs/IL on 1/19/10 9:12am
Msg #318515

Why are they asking for fees to join now?? n/m

Reply by MT/IL on 1/19/10 4:26pm
Msg #318583

I don't know how you avoided the $10.95 "annual" fee. Unless you signed up prior to them charging a fee. After you fill out their form, it brings you to a screen that states the $10.95 "annual" fee.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/19/10 6:26pm
Msg #318608

From what I saw you can't avoid it - I believe you pay through PayPal right then and there..

It was probably avoided by the company contacting them directly for a signing - if they need you bad enough they'll not bother with the fee if they can get their loan signed.

Reply by Cari on 1/19/10 7:50am
Msg #318508

ugh...pay to play...! n/m

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 1/19/10 8:39am
Msg #318510

Re: interesting owned by Netco Title...???...yes

If you go to netcotitle.com and click on divisions and affiliates they will come up in the list. I have also completed many assignments for them and find that they pay my fee without question and the check is usually in my mailbox within 35 days. Not advertising....just fact.

Reply by PAW on 1/19/10 9:11am
Msg #318514

From my experience, many Netco Title offices are locally owned and operated either as a franchise (like McDonalds or Burger King), or as affiliates (like Mason Title and Escrow). They set their own practices and prices, so one office may be very different than another office.

Reply by Joseph Scamardi on 1/19/10 9:24am
Msg #318518

I personally do not believe that we should have to pay a fee to join some organization that requires our professional service for their clients!

Reply by jba/fl on 1/19/10 9:14am
Msg #318517

I also work for Notary Assurance. I did not pay to join

and I receive my compensation very timely. If I work in Jan, I get paid in Feb., and so on...give or take a few days. They are nice, do not hold my hand, allow me to contact them first and someone is there when or if I do have to call, and no fax backs except in extreme situations or normal situations that require them. About 2-3 years now.

Perhaps the $10.95 is to discourage from adding to their database as they feel loyal to their current crop of notaries. I don't know. Personally - I don't want them to add any FL notaries - I know enough to refer to the best available and in this market I know struggling ones who may not be able to command the 'best' pay, but will be comfortable with what they can ask for and receive. Then, as a last resort, there is NotRot...

Reply by TechGirl2001 on 1/19/10 10:34am
Msg #318525

Re: I also work for Notary Assurance. I did not pay to join

I apologize to those of you that I may have rubbed the wrong way. I do realize that most of you do it for a living and don't like us part timers. I agree the shopping comment may have been a slap in the face to some of you that take this so seriously. I still feel that a lot of people here spend some to much time putting others down and being negative. Explain why it is ok to talk about the bad SS on this forum but not ok to give the good ones props. I did not have to pay a sign up fee when I joined Notary Assurance. I received a phone call for a Saturday signing and was sent a sign up package via email. I have done several signings since but Arizona is not a great market right now so they are spread out. Sometimes its a week or even two between calls.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/19/10 11:01am
Msg #318528

It is not even that you are a parttimer either - it is

the shopping remark: 'A girl has to shop" or something to that effect.

I am parttime now, but not by choice. And I am not shopping these days either. I'm old enough that when I hear Clark Howard (he talks of keeping your money, not just saving) say if one is over 40 one had best create one's own job, and I know I am over 60 - what is my chance of being hired in the market as it is now? WalMart greeter or cashier? No. Fast food? No again. You see how the age discrimination works? They don't say it, but you had best believe it is there.

So I created a job niche - several in fact since I turned 40. And I am better than most at whatever I do. Examine the marketplace - it is flatter than the proverbial pancake in many areas. Now I contend with 2 strikes: age, flat job.

I don't begrudge you anything, in fact, I really do wish you success at whatever you may do. I'm not jealous or bitter though I am continuing in my life with a healthy dose of realism and scepticism. My 'thinking' comment to you resulted from my scepticism, as I did not see (understand) that you had thought about what you were writing.

If you wish to be good at what you do you must grow with your chosen endeavor, constantly researching for that way to build the better mousetrap, remembering that a public forum is a water cooler, of sorts, and that not all information at the water cooler is exchanged freely nor necessarily accurate.

Reply by Lynne/OR on 1/19/10 12:05pm
Msg #318536

Re: It is not even that you are a parttimer either - it is

I have been a signing agent for 5 years as well, and lately it's a constant struggle to pay the bills, so I understand why so many people were so upset by Techgirls comment. However, I also believe her comments were innocent and that she was truly trying to be helpful, not malicous.

"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes."

Reply by CaliNotary on 1/19/10 12:35pm
Msg #318542

Re: I also work for Notary Assurance. I did not pay to join

"Explain why it is ok to talk about the bad SS on this forum but not ok to give the good ones props."

It's fine if you want to give props to the good companies. You just have to understand that when you do that, you've sent a bunch of people to their website to sign up with them, and you have no idea how many of those people are in your neighborhood. Creating more competition for yourself is just bad business sense, no matter how good you are at your job.

But if you're willing to take the chance of losing business just so you can pat yourself on the back for being such a nice, giving person, then by all means post away about all your good companies. Just don't expect the rest of us to do it.

Talking about bad companies doesn't create more competition, it helps protect the rest of us from being ripped off. At least in theory it does, there is no shortage of people on this board who will look up a company, see lots of bad stuff, decide that they're going to "give them a chance" anyway or let themselves be sweet talked into doing the signing or do it because they don't want the poor borrowers to be inconvenienced by a possible reschedule, then come here whining 3 months later about not getting paid.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/19/10 10:32am
Msg #318523

The real problem with this post...

I'd hardly call us "bitter" --- NotRot has a tough reputation, yes, and for good reason. Some of it is over the top, but most of us a business people trying to earn a living.

The problem with this post is that it comes from an unknown poster with no link to a profile and smells of advertising and promotion. Then to top it off with a flippant comment about this being a hobby and is good for shopping money? If you knew anything about NotRot, you would have known you were going to be criticized.

This same post from another person would likely come across in another way. BUT... the company mentioned is one that charges notaries to be added to the database. Or at least, it advertises that it charges. And it's not just a one-time fee --- it's an ANNUAL CHARGE. So, unless the poster is willing to give us more identifiable information about themselves, it really only comes across as advertising... and if it is from the compnay itself, how incredibly rude of them to make light of our profession. It's no wonder services are trying to offer crap fees... they must think this is all just a fun hobby for us.

Well, it's not... not for all of us. Many of us need to not only cover our expenses but earn a profit to pay our bills and feed our families. The only "shopping" I've done lately is at the grocery store.

Reply by Cari on 1/19/10 10:42am
Msg #318526

totally agree with Marian... n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/19/10 10:48am
Msg #318527

About that annual fee...

Can't submit your application to be added to their database without submitting your payment through PayPal..

Now, if this company is going to make their database available for thousands of title companies to access and pull notaries from I'd consider it - for their use only? Not sure.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 1/19/10 1:14pm
Msg #318544

Question TechGirl How did you get into this business?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Reply by TechGirl2001 on 1/19/10 1:42pm
Msg #318546

Re: Question TechGirl How did you get into this business?

I was a real estate agent and have worked in the title industry in the state of Texas prior to moving to Arizona a couple of years ago. I worked for a very prestigous home builder when I first moved to Arizona that built high end custom homes and when they started having financial troubles I decided it would be a good idea to get my notary. I have since found a new job but still enjoy the extra income that signings bring.

Reply by Riley/FL on 1/19/10 2:28pm
Msg #318551

Where did you "get your Notary"?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 1/19/10 2:54pm
Msg #318553

"a good idea to get my notary"

Believe you meant to say "get my notary commission" Smile

Reply by MW/VA on 1/19/10 2:59pm
Msg #318556

While I try to maintain respect for anyone in this industry, IMO your constant reference to "extra income" or "extra money" is so iritating to those of us who are doing this as a full-time business, paying expenses, taxes, etc. Not saying it applies to you, but many part-time notaries are the one's who take the lowball offers & cut our throats.

Reply by TechGirl2001 on 1/19/10 3:48pm
Msg #318577

Again I have apologized for the comment about " shopping money" and understand I might have come across the wrong way. I realize that to many this is a full time job and a lot of you have chosen it as a career path. I am sure those of you that work full time and make a good living doing this would or have explored other avenues to bring in "additional income" for your own reasons . I will continue to work as a signing agent part time and will be happy to share with others. I have never done anything to hurt this industry nor have I tried to take anyones clients by lowering payment standards and excepting lower fees. All I asked for was suggestions of other good signing companies out there. For those of you that do not want to share I understand. If I have offended any of your please except this as my apology.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 1/19/10 5:17pm
Msg #318593

"I have never done anything to hurt this industry nor have I tried to take anyones clients by lowering payment standards and excepting lower fees. " Yes you did! By posting a company's name you've driven dozens if not hundred's of new notaries to their site. It's very elementary Mr. Watson, it's call "supply and demand". Demand is down for all SS's, but you've just increased the supply for this company. As a result, fees offered will be quoted lower, especially in areas where the supply has greatly increased. As business people we are all looking for the "deal". Just read the lengthy post about where to get a good price on paper. By NSA's freely sharing coupon numbers, unadvertised specials, etc, don't you think that business has increased for those companies. I know that I always check them out and if I need paper that's where I buy it. My brand loyalty is almost non-existant and the same is true of this SS. It's just human nature. Now do you understand?

I also agree with Marian, I think your new job is with this SS and you're trying to increase your data base (and revenue stream). If you've been on this board very long you know our opinion of "hobbyists" who take work to "make extra money" . Many times they take calls on their employers time, probably even print a lot of docs out on their equipment, using their paper, fax pages back on their dime, etc. This all undermines our whole industry and if you can't see this big picture at least do us all a favor and keep your reasons for doing this to yourself.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/19/10 3:30pm
Msg #318569

"a good idea to get my notary"

You're not helping yourself any.

I find it more than coincidental that this company and you are both in Arizona, too. Sorry... it just stinks of advertising.

Finally... you say you were a RE agent and then worked for a "prestigious" home builder.... but those are former jobs. I notice you didn't tell us what you do now.

If I were a betting girl, I'd say you work in the office for the afore mentioned company and take "extra" work from them when they can't find anyone else.

Reply by Ruby on 1/19/10 5:02pm
Msg #318589

Re: "a good idea to get my notary"

Exactly Marian, you have hit the nail right on the head.
(advertising)

Reply by Deede Fernandez on 10/13/10 6:06pm
Msg #356637

Love working with all of them, they are the best!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.