Notary Rotary
Adobe 8 always worked, now will not change word doc
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by yoshaCA on 1/5/11 11:59pm
Msg #367251

My Adobe 8 has always worked and changed Word docs into PDF. Now it does not work and says that I must install my Win Vista cd??? I have win 7 and never had win Vista? Is this happening because somthing was "updated" to not work by Adobe now that Adobe X (or 10) is out? Any thoughts....

Reply by MichiganAl on 1/6/11 3:35am
Msg #367259

I have no idea what's happening with your Adobe 8, but if you need to convert a word doc to PDF, here's a site that does it for free: http://www.pdfonline.com/convert-pdf/

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 1/6/11 5:28am
Msg #367261

By using this site aren't you exposing yourself to privacy issues for the borrower?

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/6/11 6:19am
Msg #367270

Ilene, I can't think of a time I neede to change a word

document into a pdf in a loan package.

Why would you assume it was a loan document? Or, did I miss something?

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 1/6/11 6:24am
Msg #367271

Re: Ilene, I can't think of a time I neede to change a word

That is what most of us do for a living isn't it? I have had trouble with adobe opening loan pkgs this site will open anything. She doesn't state what type of document I was making a general statement.

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/6/11 6:36am
Msg #367272

Ilene, Go back and read the post, including the subj line.

*She doesn't state what type of document I was making a general statement.*

Yes, she does. She is not talking about free Adobe Reader 8, she is talking about Adobe Acrobat 8--a pricey program that signing agents seldom need.

Alex was telling her how to make a PDF online. You said "privacy issues?". My point was, when did you ever have to >>make a pdf <<< out of a loan document? That could have been a pretty good clue that this was not a loan document. Read below >>>>between<<<.

Adobe 8 always worked, now >>> will not change word doc <<<<
Posted by yoshaCA of CA on 1/5/11 11:59pm Msg #367251

My Adobe 8 has always worked and changed Word docs into PDF. Now it does not work and says that I must install my Win Vista cd??? I have win 7 and never had win Vista? Is this happening because somthing was "updated" to not work by Adobe now that Adobe X (or 10) is out? Any thoughts....

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 1/6/11 7:01am
Msg #367274

Re: Ilene, Go back and read the post, including the subj line.

Brenda you seem to be reading more then what's there also. Where do you see Acrobat?
This isn't worth the conversation. Go have a cup of coffee.

Reply by PAW on 1/6/11 7:32am
Msg #367276

I don't believe the Adobe READER (v8 or any version) will convert a Word document to PDF. However, Adobe Acrobat and many other utilities will. My personal favorite is NitroPDF (PrimoPDF is the free version) that generally works better in some cases than does Acrobat in creating PDF documents.

Now, in answer (maybe) to the original posting that a Word document will no longer be converted, this is a known issue with Adobe. See http://forums.adobe.com/message/2959394 for details.

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/6/11 9:21am
Msg #367288

*Brenda you seem to be reading more then what's there also. Where do you see Acrobat?*

<Most people are aware that Acrobat is the component of Adobe's software that "makes" PDFs from Word documents. It seemed obvious.>

*This isn't worth the conversation. Go have a cup of coffee.*

<You seem miffed and dismissive. Your comments on privacy had nothing to do with the original poster's question. I only commented to clarify that. While the conversation may be worthless to you, there may be someone who benefits from it.>

Reply by MichiganAl on 1/6/11 1:20pm
Msg #367332

Well, since Adobe Reader is a READER (can I get a "well, duh!"), and has never had the ability to convert a doc from Word to PDF, I think most of us assumed the original poster meant Adobe Acrobat.

Reply by MichiganAl on 1/6/11 1:17pm
Msg #367330

Ilene, I don't use it for loan documents. In eight years, I've never had a need to convert a borrower's document from Word to PDF. I can't see any need for that. If a doc is in Word, I print it as is. I use the PDF converter for marketing fliers. On the Michigan Notary Network website, I have down-loadable PDF files that market our services, lists our roster, and explains our requirements. I create and make changes in Word, them covert it to PDF before posting it on the site.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.