Notary Rotary
Another reason I don't bargain w/ my fee: it's only 80 pgs,
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by HrdwrkrVA on 1/25/11 12:01pm
Msg #370002

blah, blah, blah... Actual pkg? 103 pgs. When I pointed this out to the SS, their response? How many are title docs? As if I'm going to count them! What does it matter - they all have to be printed - duhhh! They tried to nickel-and-dime me for $5 here or $10 there, but as always, I stuck to my guns. They're not expecting less service - right? That just underscores another reason why: MY FEE IS MY FEE (a littlle vent here - sorry)!

Reply by ikando on 1/25/11 12:07pm
Msg #370005

The "it's only --- pages" matches the "it's only --- miles" on the map. But I don't live at my post office box, and the zip code miles don't count hills, valleys, rivers, lakes, etc.

And those offers of, I'll send you more business if you take this reduced fee today-- Yeah, right. I'll get back to you with approval.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 1/25/11 12:26pm
Msg #370008

I forgot about the 'miles'! 'cause they did state: "it's

only__ miles...". That WAS a red flag for me - but I like the response: "I don't live at my post off..." LOL! Ya gotta stay on your toes AND be firm!

Reply by Anita Edwards on 1/25/11 12:35pm
Msg #370013

Re: I forgot about the 'miles'! 'cause they did state: "it's

And what about the price of gas?????? Are they offering us more now since gas is out of control? NOOOOOO.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/25/11 1:09pm
Msg #370020

Re: I forgot about the 'miles'! 'cause they did state: "it's

I get the miles thing a lot, and it cracks me up. I constantly have to explain that "miles" mean nothing when the zip code I'm in is 250 square miles -- and those zip code searches work by geographic centers.

Not to mention that I live on the south side of a large air force base. A lot of the calls I get are for the communities on the north side... which are all well spread out in the desert. I can't just drive through middle of Edwards AFB. I have to drive AROUND it, which usually means at least an hour's drive, usually more. For some reason, schedulers back east don't really comprehend the idea of the Mojave desert.

I think a lot of these guys will be really happy with me after next month when we move closer to that area.

Reply by Virginia/PA on 1/25/11 1:00pm
Msg #370016

Just had one of those lowball offers today. The scheduler said "I see (the city) is a little far. Could you do it for $60.00?" (And that included e-docs). ROFLMAO. NO!

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 1/25/11 1:21pm
Msg #370025

It's like when we get calls to officiate at a wedding

How much will you charge if it's in my Aunt's backyard and there are only 10 guests?

Reply by Cari on 1/25/11 8:14pm
Msg #370073

Shoshana, got that call today! So frustrating.... n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 1/25/11 3:06pm
Msg #370043

That's why it's best to quote an all-inclusive fee, IMO. I got one today for a huge VA pkg. (187 pgs.)
This ss & I have an arrangement that when that happens (53 pgs. of broker docs! grrrr), they pay me an extra fee. When are they going to realize that we don't have time for the nonsense.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.