Bad Weather
Notary Discussion History

Bad Weather
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by MC/TN on 1/14/11 9:55am
Msg #368620

Bad Weather

Hello all,

Has anyone else rescheduled closings due to bad weather conditions?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/14/11 10:12am
Msg #368622

I don't have to worry about that, so far, here where I am in FL but I'm sure many many outside my fair state <grin> have - if rescheduling to another day I'd suggest not considering it without title company approval - all the numbers and RTC dates are going to need revision plus the pkg may need to be redrawn..

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/14/11 10:13am
Msg #368623

Re: Bad Weather...too quick..

It's title's call whether they want to reschedule or find a closer/notary who can accommodate the signing for the specified day.

Reply by James Dawson on 1/14/11 12:45pm
Msg #368660

chk p/m n/m

Reply by SReis on 1/14/11 10:40am
Msg #368627

This week I did...

Found out we were having a big n'easter & had a closing scheduled that day about 1hr & 15min away. Called title a few days before closing & told them it would probably be a good idea if they found someone closer because it was unlikely given the current weather forecast that I would be able to get to the appt. SOOOOO glad I did, wasn't even able to leave my house that day with over a foot of snow. I've braved the weather many times & have found its just not worth it.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 1/14/11 12:14pm
Msg #368650

I had to last year, only once

I was about 1/3 of the way there, and slid right through an intersection. That was the end of THAT attempt.

I did do another one last winter that I shouldn't have - it was pretty much at the 'stupid' level of determination & customer service. I could so easily have been stranded out there, or ditched or worse - and you know, I didn't win any kind of prize for doing it, either.

In the winter, I tend to DISLIKE appts set days in advance - you just never know what you're going to be driving through here, until 5 minutes before you leave.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 1/14/11 12:52pm
Msg #368664

I think everyone has that has been doing this for any length of time. I do advertise that I have 4wd and will travel to areas others won't for an extra charge, and did it a couple of times this past December. I will throw chains on all 4 wheels if the money is right. But even an adventurous person like me has their limits.

But there is a point in time where it's just too dangerous and not worth the risk. That is what you must determine for yourself and not let any company determine it for you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.