Notary Discussion History

Beth Blackburn / AB Settlement Group, Norfolk VA G/B/U ? n/m
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Larry Tacker on 1/20/11 1:42pm
Msg #369362

Beth Blackburn / AB Settlement Group, Norfolk VA G/B/U ? n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 1/20/11 2:03pm
Msg #369365

Re: Beth Blackburn / AB Settlement Group, Norfolk VA G/B/U ?

Did my first job for her last week, pleasure to work for. I'm going to have faith in payment because of where she obtained my information.

Easy package no faxbacks no hand holding. I would take more if she called again.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/20/11 2:21pm
Msg #369373

Interesting. She's a NSA in our area, operated a team of

NSA. Is she now operating as an ss?

Reply by CopperheadVA on 4/3/11 12:51pm
Msg #378423

I did a job for Beth in Feb 2010. AB Settlement Group appears to be a company where a notary has a good customer and does their scheduling for a cut of the fee. I clarified with her exactly when payment would be remitted. When that timeframe passed with no payment, I contacted her and she did respond quickly with an apology. Payment arrived several days later. She has called me several times with additional jobs, but the fee offered was lower than I accept (first job was a small 30 page package for which we did agree to a mutually acceptable fee). Bottom line: payment was received at 35 days, but not when payment was originally promised.

Her company address:

756 Dissdale Lane
Chesapeake, Virginia 23320

Reply by CopperheadVA on 4/3/11 12:53pm
Msg #378424

P.S. I tried to add AB Settlement Group to Signing Central, but it duplicated Beth's notary listing so I was not successful.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 6/27/11 1:02pm
Msg #387844

Correction to my previous post: I did a job for Beth in Feb 2011 (not 2010). She continues to call me for jobs, but I do not accept $90 for loan closing appointments with edocs.

Another thing, I have discovered that Beth Blackburn appears to be manipulating the Virginia listings on the "coffee" site, where she teams up with notaries in various areas of Virginia and gets them to list four additional zip codes in their paid "coffee" listings, however the phone numbers listed for those notaries are actually Beth's phone numbers for her signing service, AB Settlements. So all calls for all those areas will be routed to AB Settlements. There is one notary who is participating in this with her who has my zip code listed as one she serves, although her actual location is really 40 miles away. This notary also "just happens" to have a name that begins with the letter "A", so she is listed first in MY AREA even though she is 40 miles away. If you are familiar with the way the coffee site is set up, notaries are listed in alphabetical order for all zip codes they list in their profile (coffee members who pay for a listing get their home base zip code plus four additional zip codes of their choice).

These shenanigans just leave a bad taste in my mouth, as this business is tough enough to survive in right now for us honest notaries who are not trying to scam the system. And to make it worse, Beth bids her jobs at the same prices that we should get when working directly for the TC, so if she's getting $115 or $125 for the job, there is no way that she can pay a decent fee to the notary who actually does the work.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.