Notary Rotary
Can I get some feedback about
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Victoria L. Miller on 1/13/11 10:38am
Msg #368417

J Lowe Diversified Inc, if you have ever worked for them and whether they are what they advertise. I was given an assignment around noon, and then called approx. six hours later that the signing was canceled. Before they called to cancel I received a phone call from another notary in my area and she said that she was given the same appointment. She said that she would be calling J. Lowe and get it straightened out and she would call me back with what she found out. No call from her.
Is it possible that J. Lowe did indeed give her the signing and called me and lied about the cancelation?

Reply by jba/fl on 1/13/11 10:43am
Msg #368420

yes. Since they were talking with her, she got job.

They just didn't level with you.

Reply by Victoria L. Miller on 1/13/11 10:57am
Msg #368424

Re: yes. Since they were talking with her, she got job.

Thanks for your feedback. Did you experience this with them yourself?

Reply by Yowheelz on 1/13/11 11:00am
Msg #368428

I've had two occassions where J. Lowe and another company both called for the same job. Some title companies call more than one signing service and take the first one that finds an available notary, especially if it is last minute. I have never had a problem with J. Lowe when they got the closing, they were good to work with.

Reply by Victoria L. Miller on 1/13/11 11:13am
Msg #368433

Just to clarify, I was the first notary called and was emailed the initial doc's, varified appointment over the phone as to when I would be receiving the refi doc's and varified time and date with the client.
Then I received the call from the other notary approx. 5 hours later that she had recieved the signing and wanted to know how and who I received the appt. from. I couldn't find out how she knew about me getting the appt. Why would J. lowe give her that info about me. As soon as we hung up, I received a call from j. lowe that the appt had been canceled. HUH
Shouldn't the other notary with that knowledge have refused the appt. and tell them that she would not take away the appt. from someone else who was called first.
I will not be excepting signings from this co. ever again and in the future I will not have anything good to say about them.

Reply by wisconsin on 1/13/11 12:16pm
Msg #368454

She might have got the info from the Borrowers

She might have very well got hired for the same job but different SS and when she called to confirm they said that they had just talked with you. Once title heard back from her SS they canceled with your SS. Maybe????

Reply by Victoria L. Miller on 1/13/11 1:04pm
Msg #368463

Re: She might have got the info from the Borrowers

Thanks Wisconsin, but the other notary was contacted by the same co. and rep. from the same co. as I was. If the other notary did indeed get the job, and they called and lied to me about it being canceled, then the SS is not worth working for in the first place. Trust me I will find out if the other notary took the job and did not refuse it so that I could get it back. I truely don't believe the BO canceled.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 1/13/11 1:08pm
Msg #368466

This happens all the time, we in the business call it

"notary shopping" and while it's a classless and rude thing to do the SS are trying to pry that buffalo off the nickel.

Reply by Victoria L. Miller on 1/13/11 1:19pm
Msg #368478

Re: This happens all the time, we in the business call it

Thanks for understanding my feelings.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 1/13/11 8:26pm
Msg #368573

Prying the buffalo off the nickel ....

That's a good one!!!! Never heard it before. I am going to steal it.

and Victoria ... Yes, happens all the time, many companies looking for that $50 notary.

Reply by rengel/CA on 1/13/11 1:12pm
Msg #368469

Get used to it, many SS's do it all the time

If you can't handle it, you might be in the wrong biz

My .02

Reply by Victoria L. Miller on 1/13/11 1:23pm
Msg #368482

Re: Get used to it, many SS's do it all the time

Not sure where you got the idea that I couldn't handle it. I started this conversation out by asking if anyone else had worked for J. Lowe Diversified Inc. and if they had done this to them. Maybe I'm the first, but now I know I won't be the last. I wish you good luck with all your assignments.

Reply by rolomia on 1/18/11 8:03am
Msg #369013

Re: Get used to it, many SS's do it all the time

Last I checked, the state of Arkansas, where I live, had the highest concentration of notaries per capita, in the U.S.A. When TC's & SS's realize that the supply of notaries far exceeds demand, they will pay less than half of what they currently do, eventually offering signing jobs to the lowest bidder and the NSA profession will suffer. Imagine being offered $25 or less for e-doc closings 50+ miles away. Think it won't happen? It's already happening in some parts of the U.S.A. One company I used to conduct 5 closings per day for called me to ask if I'd be willing to cut my fee by $20 as they found a notary who said they would complete the signing for $15 less. When I said no, they threatened to notify their colleagues at other TC's & SS's of my unwillingness to cooperate. Needless to say, I did the job, perfectly, with no mistakes, as usual, but never got paid. Then, they sent me an email telling me that my services were no longer required. Welcome to the new reality of the NSA industry.

Reply by panotary1 on 9/23/11 7:49pm
Msg #398463

J Lowe Diversified: feeling baited and switched

Received a call from them while on the road, didn't have time to look up reviews on J Lowe prior to accepting the job. My normal fee for the area I was going to is $125 for edocs. I was told docs were going to be overnighted and was asked if I would accept $100. I agreed and received a confirmation for $100. On the bright side, I received a payment of $75.00 within 30 days which was great. However, I was shorted $25 under the premise it was reduced for overnight delivery. So even though the $100 we agreed upon was including the deduction, it was not honored. I sent several emails and snail mail and 90 days later have yet to receive a response. As it was the title company forgot to enclose some items I had to print anyway. I personally would not do business again with them based on they don't pay as agreed.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.