Notary Rotary
Chuckle..
Notary Discussion History

Chuckle..
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Claudine Osborne on 1/14/11 1:40pm
Msg #368680

Chuckle..

I assisted with a closing the other day a nice small package nothing out of the ordinary. Today I get an email from the TC seems they are missing 2 documents..Wanted to know if I kept them? Say what? Sure why would I keep an assignment of proceeds form?

Luckily I kept the email with the document attachments..Sure enough they were not in the package! Same old thing..blame the notary! I couldn't help but chuckle!

Reply by MW/VA on 1/14/11 1:42pm
Msg #368681

LOL, Claudine. Now fess up--we know you like keeping "souvenir" docs from the pkgs.
LOL--How absurd!!! Smile

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 1/14/11 1:48pm
Msg #368684

Well that was quick..I just get a very nice sincere apology from the TC..Seems they were not included in the package! Huh!

I understand mistakes happen and its the nature of our business..The point is we have to laugh things off and keep our conduct professional at all times!

Reply by rolomia on 1/18/11 7:00am
Msg #369011

Though a few TC's have erroneously blamed me for their mistakes, most of the time, they acknowledge and apologize for said errors. However, too many notaries are making these obvious mistakes, further reinforcing most TC's assertion that most notaries are more focused on profits than they are on correct procedures and vigilance. As is the case with every profession, there are good notaries and bad notaries. Though, it only takes one careless notary (bad apple) to spoil business for the rest of us when their errors are so severe that a resulting lawsuit is quoted as precedent for legislation that further destroys the NSA profession. Sorry for the run-on sentences.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.