Notary Rotary
DFW Notary Now
Notary Discussion History

DFW Notary Now
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Nick Getzendanner on 1/22/11 5:55pm
Msg #369658

DFW Notary Now

I wanted to put a post about this company up. They are a signing service out of the Dallas Fort Worth Area. I have done one job for them. I will not be doing anymore. They contacted me for a same day signing over thirty miles away. I told them my fee would be $125, they did not want to do the job as it was above their budget, they did not want to pay more than $85. But with it being a last minute job and no one else available we settled for a fee of $110 for the job. I completed the job, no issues, documents were good. I recieved a bill payment check on January 8th, nice and quick, very much appreciated. I contacted them about the difference via email and recieved an apologetic phone call that evening. Now it is January 22nd and i revieved another bill payment check, but this time for only $15, not the correct amount of $35.

If you do business with them, please demand a fair amount, dont accept 150 page closing jobs for $85, demand a fair price for the work and professionalism we provide. And last but not least, keep records and double check the check amounts...

Thank You,

Nick Getzendanner

Reply by LKT/CA on 1/22/11 7:30pm
Msg #369672

I warned about this.....

....I warned people to be careful of accepting loan signings from companies who customarily pay lowball fees. They will agree to anything (and in writing) just to get the signing completed and then short the Notary's check for the fee they only *wanted* to pay.

Reply by jba/fl on 1/22/11 9:06pm
Msg #369681

And that was a good warning! Again, many will not heed. n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/22/11 10:44pm
Msg #369687

Nick...please add your comment to Signing Central n/m

Reply by Venice on 1/25/11 1:38pm
Msg #370034

Re: DFW Notary Now- DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY

It seems that this is a regular for these folks. They begged me to do a job for them in December which was a mistake. Thats what I get for agreeing for a lower fee. Not only did they lowball the fee, they paid at least 1/3 less than the original fee citing that it was a notary error when they didnt communicate the needs of the Title company. No notary docs were incorrect.

DO NOT SIGN UP OR ACCEPT ANY ASSIGNMENTS FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE SHADY ONCE THE JOB IS DONE AND WILL FIND ANY REASON WHICH NOT TO PAY AN ALREADY LOW FEE.

Rather than put yourself through the headache of fighting for your money, just dont accept anything from them no matter how good it sounds. Its all untrue.

Reply by Patrice Dennis on 1/31/11 11:46pm
Msg #370799

I am glad to see that I was not the only one taken by this company. Another mobile notary referred them to me and upon my initial conversation with them, I felt a little uncomfortable accepting the assignment but tried to give them a chance. They asked me what my rate was and I explained $125. They then went into a spill about how they were a new company and they were trying to contract their notaries out for $80. I told them I couldn't do it at that rate and explained that my lowest closings are at $90 of which they agreed to. I completed 2 closings for them and received a check for $45 for one and $75 for the other. No explanation as to why the payments were shorted. I sent them a demand letter for the balance of the payment explaining to them that if payment is not received by Jan. 31st I will pursue legal action against them. Today is the 31st and there was no payment so I will hold true to my end of the bargain and pursue legal action against them for not fulfilling the terms of their contract and negotiated fee. Their chief signing agent was very unprofessional on the phone hanging up on me twice after I explained that I no longer wanted to do business with their company. I hope that everyone reads this and takes heed and doesn't do business with them because they are shady and extremely unprofessional. Definitely not the way to do business!!!!

Reply by Melissa Harty-Swaleh on 10/12/11 10:38am
Msg #400239

This was my first HORRIBLE experience with a signing agency. DFW Notary Now called me with a last minute closing on 10/1 for 9pm signing in a rural area abt 40 minutes away from my home. I arrived at the signing to discover the wife had an expired drivers license, I asked for another valid form of ID, while she searched for her passport for over 30 minutes, I contacted the Chief Signing Agent Stephanie. She INSISTED I accept the ID and said she would have the borrower get a renewal in the next 72 hours during the recission period. The next day I received a call from her stating I needed to reisgn the documents because the title co/lender said they could not use the signed docs. I questioned why, and was told the signatures were unacceptable. I explained to her that the signatures matched those on the ID's and those in my notary book. I also explained the Texas guidelines for veryifying signatures, and she began to get rude and yell, telling me I must do it her way. She said they must sign in full and in cursive, regardless if it matches their normal signatures on their ID's and in my notary book, and that the title co/lender was insistant upon that. I explained that I would be willing to re-sign the clients but I could not insist they sign in a different format. Then she hung up on me. The next day she called to ask if I was willing to re-sign them, back-date them, and ship them back at my expense, and I said "NO WAY". She said she would have her husband re-sign them, and that she would never do business with me again and hung up on me. Needless to say, I have never been paid. Stay away from DFW Notary Now, it's bad news all around.

Reply by Nick Getzendanner on 11/1/11 4:35pm
Msg #402417

I just wanted to add a comment back on this thread. I have done three jobs for them and the payments have been coming in right around 45 days as expected with no more issues with incorrect amounts.

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/1/11 6:27pm
Msg #402433

Sorry, Nick...but I can't figure out why you would CONTINUE

to work with a company like this.

I'll lay odds that in the not so distant future you will have laments.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.