Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
DO NOT USE FIRMA NOTARY SIGNING SERVICE FROM CALIFORNIA!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Aries/SC on 1/6/11 1:04am
Msg #367253

What to do?

On Nov 30, 2011, I did a notary mortgage signing for a client at the last moment, and the Order stated my fee was $150.00. I contracted through Firma Notary Services. I took this assignment even though it was out of my service area, but they needed a notary urgently at the last minute. The mortgage company and the client needed a notary quickly to close on a house in California because the last one didn't do the signing correctly. I went through gale force winds and a nearby tornado to get the assignment done. Everyone was pleased with the results when I spoke to Jim at Firma Notary Solutions and Cheryl at the mortgage company, both in California, the next day. I live around Greer, SC. Payment was to be received right after December 15, 2010.

I have yet to receive any money, and finally after several attempts, I got in touch with Jim who said that my payment was $100.00. No where on the order or contract does it say anything about $100.00. He said if there is a problem, go ahead and file a complaint, but Firma Notary Solutions does not care what I do nor will they ever use me again.

Needless to say I was counting on this money and was shocked by the arrogance of this guy, Jim, from Firma Notary Services. I am a professional, and everyone was so satisfied with the results, then not to get paid the amount agreed upon plus never seeing any money at all has left me in shock.

I'm at the point that I don't ever want to do a signing again. It's not worth it.

What can I do?

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 1/6/11 2:05am
Msg #367254

Is this the same Firma Signing Solutions, Oceanside, CA that is listed in SC or is this a different company altogether?

Reply by wisconsin on 1/6/11 8:50am
Msg #367280

Real bad rep in SC, why would you take the job to begin with n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/6/11 9:02am
Msg #367281

Sadly, you should have done your research about this

company - well documented as a problem.

What can you do? Check the records - make sure the mortgage YOU notarized did record. Then contact title - see if they'll help you - they may be very interested to hear that the SS they use isn't paying people. Look into your state's small claims procedures and collections procedures - see what your recourse is for out of state companies.

Meanwhile, send your collection/draft letter to both Firma and the title company. Give them a drop dead date for payment in full. And don't back down - stick to your guns on your payment. DO NOT CONTACT THE BORROWERS!!

Isn't SC an attorney-only state?

Good Luck.

Reply by DD/OR on 1/6/11 9:11am
Msg #367285

SO WHICH IS IT?

What is the name of the company? You mentioned several names. Firma Notary Services or Firma Notary Signing Service or Firma Notary Solution. You sound confused. Which is it? Where are they located? We need more information.

Reply by Kimberly Light on 1/6/11 11:56am
Msg #367310

sadly, it's extremely difficult to collect from companies such as this.

I was also burned. I was contacted on 9/23/10 by Lake Trout to notarize a Deed. As of the date of writing, I have not received payment or any communication from Firma Signing Solutions. I have left numerous voice mails, emails and letters.

Firma is now on my REFUSE list.

Reply by Kimberly Light on 1/13/11 10:15am
Msg #368404

After numerous unsuccesful attempts to contact the company, I went to http://activerain.com/figger007 and clicked on the "E-mail Contact Jim jim (Firma Signing)"

I sent a detailed message on 1-6-11 - Jim Figger replied in less than 3 hours that he had forwarded it to accounting to have it corrected.

I received a check yesterday (1/12/11) in the agreed upon amount and it was dated 1-6-11.

Fingers are crossed that the check clears. So, if anyone else wants to try the same website and steps I followed, maybe you'll receive payment.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.