Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Does anyone use the DROID Incredible....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by John Bouchard on 1/28/11 3:15pm
Msg #370392

If so, do you like it. I am about to switch over to a smart phone, and can't decide between a QWERTY key board or a touch screen...

Reply by Larry/IL on 1/28/11 3:18pm
Msg #370394

EVO 4G

Many Many times better than the i phone if your thinking about one.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 1/28/11 3:44pm
Msg #370399

I just got a DROID 2 to replace my Blackberry - it has both slide-out QWERTY keyboard and touchscreen. Not having any issues with it so far, but it takes some getting used to after using the Blackberry. The only bad thing I've heard about the DROIDS is that the battery life is not that great.

Reply by John Bouchard on 1/28/11 4:00pm
Msg #370405

can you get a day's use out of the battery

providing you don't surf too much

Reply by MikeC/NY on 1/28/11 5:33pm
Msg #370429

Re: can you get a day's use out of the battery

As long as you don't use the web too much or have a few apps running, you can get more than a day on a charge. The more you push it, the less battery life you get, so it's best to have a car charger handy.

Charging it every night is not a big deal; having to charge it during the day could be a hassle.

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/28/11 7:00pm
Msg #370453

I am a Droid power user.

Go to Amazon (somewhere) and purchase a couple of after factory chargers.

Plug one in the desk you occupy at home, and another desk if you have it. For me, that's work.

Get a car charger.

Make it a habit to charge whenever you drive, sit down, or lay down. When I go to bed, the phone is charging.

I even went so far to purchase a second battery that I keep powered up and switch out if I forget to charge while I was at my desk. I got home to walk this afternoon and sure enough, I had let my battery get low because of a crazy schedule. I simply popped in my fresh battery and away we went with me listening to a book from Audible.com. My other one is just about charged up. Listening to books, for some reason, barely taps the power.

I never run out of power using these techniques and I think it is worth it.

======
Keep your wifi off if not in use.
Turn off your GPS when not in use.
Shorten the time your screen takes to turn off.

My son has an IPhone. It seems to be just as big of a power hog.

Reply by BrendaTx on 1/28/11 7:02pm
Msg #370454

BTW - My droid is a Samsung Galaxy Vibrant

I really enjoy it.

Reply by Cari on 1/28/11 4:25pm
Msg #370416

battery life 8-9 hours for me has to be re-charged EVERY

night...and when I'm in the car, I use my car charger...

Also depends on how many Apps you have running...

Reply by Cari on 1/28/11 4:22pm
Msg #370415

I have the HD2..the bastard smart phone from T-mobile or

the first EVO if you will...works fine, though others I know have given it up...I until June ...then I can upgrade...

IMO, if you're used to using the QWERTY keyboard, and really really like it...stick with it.

I used to be very good at texting, using both thumbs, could text in a blink of an eye...used to compete and beat my teenagers-good.

NOW, the touch screen has me reduced to using a single finger (not the middle one) for ALL of my texting... so frustrating... its super-sensitive, and if you have big fingers (man size) it could be a very bad texting experience...

I LOVED the keyboard, and was very good at texting using the thumbs...but its like typing on a computer keyboard, one finger at a time type of frustration!

But, any smart phone is a step up and in this business such a phone is WONDERFUL to have...

...sorry I probably was no help at all... =)

Reply by Yoli/CA on 1/28/11 5:41pm
Msg #370431

Finally got the Droid X and love it!

Advanced Task Killer application really helps with battery life.

Reply by BestFlCloser on 1/28/11 6:16pm
Msg #370436

Re: Finally got the Droid X and love it!

Me and I love it also. Works just great!

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 1/28/11 6:36pm
Msg #370445

Me3! Droid X is great! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.