Notary Rotary
E-Doc charge
Notary Discussion History

E-Doc charge
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Linda Williams on 1/29/11 5:55pm
Msg #370557

E-Doc charge

Hi - I understand that if agreed upon a company can forward the information to you electronically in for faster delivery as well as via the mail, as standard procedure - my question, is what is the appropriate charge for e-docs if it is not included in the original signing order? thanks for any assistance...

Reply by JulieD/KS on 1/29/11 6:38pm
Msg #370559

You have to decide that for yourself. We all set our own fees and no one can tell you what to charge. My typical fee for edocs is $35 but I charge more for a pkg over 125 pages, and I charge less for a package under 50 pages.

Reply by Linda Williams on 1/30/11 2:07pm
Msg #370594

Julie - is the $35 in addition to the offer price? For example, if someone offers you $95 to do a signing and its via edoc you charge an additonal $35 for a total of $140????

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 1/29/11 8:54pm
Msg #370564

Julie is correct. Also, edocs are now "the norm" verses overnight delivery. It has been that way for several years. I only mention that because it appears that you have been misinformed about the typical way to receive docs. If that is the case, and you were recently informed of this, you might want to question a lot of what you may have been told about this industry.

As far as pricing for loan signings, you will have to come up with your own pricing. As for me, my base charge starts at $125 and goes up from there for full signings. I can only encourage you to set your fees with all your true costs and overhead in mind as well as profit (within state guidelines of course). There will be low balling companies that will ask you to accept $50-75 for closings (including edocs). In this business you can be very busy and broke accepting these low ball offers, IMO.

Of course it goes without saying that anyone should have the appropriate knowledge and skills for this line of work as well as to be able to charge for such. Once a person has that and knows that they are worth what they are charging, they should stick to their fees, IMO.

Good luck.

Reply by CF on 1/30/11 7:13am
Msg #370575

$25-$35 and 99% for your orders will be edocs n/m

Reply by CF on 1/30/11 7:14am
Msg #370576

Sorry- should be "of" n/m

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/30/11 7:18am
Msg #370577

And even when you have an overnight docs pkg, they

will often send you the final HUD to print on the day of the appointment (may need to print several copies) and also possibly the title docs. So price o/n docs appointments appropriately.

Reply by Linda Williams on 1/30/11 2:15pm
Msg #370596

Re: And even when you have an overnight docs pkg, they

Thanks!

Reply by MW/VA on 1/30/11 10:12am
Msg #370580

I agree. Edocs are the norm, not the exception. I set a

one-fee price, which includes edocs (figuring $25 or printing). I also charge an extra $15 for pkgs. over 140 pgs. Try to remember that you can charge anything you want, but your prices will need to be competitive in order to get any business.

Reply by Linda Williams on 1/30/11 2:04pm
Msg #370593

Re: I agree. Edocs are the norm, not the exception. I set a

thanks for the feedback - I am relatively now to the NSA arena and don't want to come in and price my self right out, but I do want to be compensated accordingly. So, in your opinion, it would be safe to set a charge of at least $125 for Edco, but however, in the event, I only get the assignment via overnight package, I could do at least $90?

Someone actually offered me $50 to get 56 miles out of my service area.

Reply by Linda Williams on 1/30/11 2:09pm
Msg #370595

Re: $25-$35 and 99% for your orders will be edocs

Thank you! I am thinking to be on the safe side to charge at least $25 - $35, there needs to be a need to cover printer cartridges and paper cost, correct???? Thanks for the feedback

Reply by Doris_CO on 1/30/11 4:54pm
Msg #370605

Re: $25-$35 and 99% for your orders will be edocs

You're correct about covering the toner cartridges and paper costs with your print fee. You can do a search on this forum on refilled toner cartridges to help reduce your cost, and just about every week someone is passing on information about paper deals. You haven't said what type printer you have and I don't think anyone has mentioned that loan docs should/must be printed on a laser printer, not an inkjet.

Reply by MW/VA on 1/31/11 1:31pm
Msg #370719

Printing fee needs to cover paper, toner, life of your

equipment, & time. Costs for paper/toner have a huge variable. My best source for paper is Costco & I only use remanufactured toner carts through LD Products. Some have reported problems with LD, but I haven't had any so far.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.