Notary Rotary
FASS
Notary Discussion History

FASS
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by zebbienc on 1/31/11 8:14am
Msg #370628

FASS

I have been doing signings for this company for several years...I recently did a signing and the package was never received by First American..I have the tracking receipt and the approved fedex drop off has evidence that I did drop the package off and has called FASS and verified this....I received notice this morning that I have lost my "white glove" status.
I am totally innocent on this...Seems they will not listen.....

Reply by CopperheadVA on 1/31/11 8:55am
Msg #370631

From what I have read here on NotRot, that is very typical of FASS and they have done the very same thing to many others. I've never worked for them - don't think I ever will based on the reports from others that FASS will suddenly drop you for something that is totally beyond your control, after much loyal service from the notary.

Reply by JulieD/KS on 1/31/11 8:56am
Msg #370632

I stopped working for FASS years ago...I think many of us here did. It shows you how little loyalty there is with companies that hire us. Years of good service mean nothing and they will throw you under a bus for something that wasn't even your fault. Next time they call...and they will....make them pay double to get your service.

You see, they've lost their white glove status for you, too.

Reply by A S Johnson on 1/31/11 8:58am
Msg #370633

FASS was the 1st company I did a signing for in May of 2000, a great company, paid fair fees and very timely. Then they had a change in mamagenet in about 2005. Then the "white glove" and handholding which they use to eleminate those of us who would not givin inon thier lower fees. Now you understand how many, many of us feel about FASS.
Thier is life after FASS.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/31/11 9:08am
Msg #370634

Re: FASS...I've never worked for them

They called me to sign up when they first took over for TCT a couple years ago - offered me half the fee TCT used to pay me with all these conditions of my being able to work for them - I declined and I'm glad I did - their tactics sound like how you'd chastise a child for doing something wrong and I, personally, would really resent being treated like that.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 1/31/11 9:12am
Msg #370635

Debbie did you track the package?

Track it and send them the link.
I don't know how many times I've had companies tell me they never received the package, only to learn from the tracking report that so-n-so within their office accepted the package.

That being "said", I have never worked for FASS, based on the bad experiences reported by other signing agents.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 1/31/11 9:12am
Msg #370636

oops...."ZEBBIE" n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 1/31/11 9:19am
Msg #370639

For years, I tolerated FASS and their micromanaging practices. I lot white glove service at one point, then they started calling me again. The second time they took away my white glove service, they informed escrow officer that I was no longer an approved white glove signer, who in turn told my Chase loan officers (3 who were incensed I wouldn't be accommodating their clients any longer). So I called up to find out what was up and was told I had such a volume that they were using other notaries. These other notaries I know well. My so called competition who were graded "D" signers with my Chase LOs. They were not happy with the change.

I don't care. FASS was a PITA and I don't miss them at all. They are a poorly oiled machine and not representative of First American Title at all. They make a lot of mistakes and then find a way to blame it on the little white glove signer. They are not loyal to their LSA's and we shouldn't feel any loyalty whatsoever to the arm that will chop off our heads with no notice, pay less for less talented LSA's, and get people to drive over 25 miles to be treated with lackluster, non-white glove handling of Chase's (and other lender's) valuable clients. Their own fees for all this drama are pretty competitive so I'm not sure why lenders use them at all.

There is definitely LIFE AFTER FASS!

Reply by hp/MD on 1/31/11 9:20am
Msg #370640

FASS calls me not more than 2-3 times a year only. And that is for last minute signing when they can't find anybody else. You know what my fee would be? $200. They paid.

Reply by zebbienc on 1/31/11 9:26am
Msg #370641

and I agree with all of you, there is indeed life after FASS.....I have other clients that are wonderful to work with....It's their loss to lose so many good signing agents....Thanks for your feedback.

Reply by nunu on 1/31/11 11:55am
Msg #370671

White Glove removed? Who cares? Trust me, if they need a notary your dirty white glove won't matter one iota.

Reply by mwm143 on 1/31/11 1:31pm
Msg #370718

They removed my white glove status

because my fees were too high. How stupid is that anyway? White Glove status only allows you to have access to closings in advance of their calling. You can't negotiate the fee. So what difference should it have made whether I refused closings from them when they couldn't meet my fees??

I'm completely done with FASS and I hope this email is being recorded for quality assurance!

Reply by ajd/pa on 1/31/11 1:53pm
Msg #370721

Re: They removed my white glove status

That is my "favorite" line from FASS: this call is being recorded, yada, yada, you are wasting my minutes! I know all that already! They have started calling me again recently, but for much longer distances than I travel. I also had one of their callers tell me that I was 7 miles from the signing; only in their dreams: It was more like 37 miles.

Reply by rolomia on 2/1/11 5:04am
Msg #370807

Re: They removed my white glove status

All these complaints about FASS but no action to hold them accountable? To all the notaries who claim that FASS slandered them to the LO's & TC's they worked with: if ANY SS or TC slandered me, I would first obtain written or other proof of said slander. Secondly, I would find other notaries via this & other forums who were also slandered by said SS &/or TC. Then, I would contact an attorney. Whether a case of slander could be pursued as class action litigation, at the very least, a pattern of slander might be established by testimony/evidence that could help to win your case on an individual basis. Of course, having conducted legal research for many years, I know that the merits of a case are seldom the winning factor. But, neither is having the most money. It really comes down to how well your case is presented. And, it's easier to criticise them then it is to take action, isn't it? Unfortunately, all the infighting on this forum suggests that FASS has nothing to worry about from this crowd. Shame!

Reply by Matt_VA on 2/4/11 10:34pm
Msg #371640

I have lost it 4 four times! They want to take it!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.