Notary Rotary
Final Link Signings
Notary Discussion History

Final Link Signings
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by MobileZ71 on 1/6/11 1:42pm
Msg #367337

Final Link Signings

I turned one down several months ago, and again they called me today to go 35 miles way in the state of Maryland. I wanted a high closing fee near $200, and now they keep calling me back (7 times), but I don't answer the phone (I guess they are desperate). I've read many bad comments in Signing Central and some good ones too, but nothing consistent. I'm just wondering if this signing service has changed for the better. Any input out there? Make that 8 times now....funny

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 1/6/11 1:50pm
Msg #367339

Answer the phone.

Tell them you want $200.00 up front via paypal.

Reply by MobileZ71 on 1/6/11 1:53pm
Msg #367342

Re: Answer the phone.

Donna, have you worked with them?

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 1/6/11 1:56pm
Msg #367344

Yep, once. Took 90 days to pay. Hand holders. But I would do it for $200.00 up front, if you have the time and the patience. If you have a busy day, forget it. They can be at PITA.

Reply by MobileZ71 on 1/6/11 2:02pm
Msg #367348

They only went to $150. It seems to me that if a signing serivce is looking out 35 plus miles to find a closing agent, that is a red flag. Its not like its the end if the month. I have a bad feeling, so I will let someone else have it. Good luck to the Maryland Notary who takes this closing.

Reply by James Dawson on 1/6/11 2:17pm
Msg #367356

In my area there's a couple of SS that specialize in reverse Mtg that go out further then that. They tell the NSA notaries here don't know how to do the job. The unspecting prospect falls for it, takes the assignment for what looks good to them but is actually low-ball. My neighbor told me this is what the notary told him when he did a RM.

Reply by aries/CA on 1/6/11 3:56pm
Msg #367374

I've been doing business with them for quite some time. I don't like how they pay, they are one of the slowest ss that I work with. You have to fax over their invoice by the 5th of the of the following month. You don't get paid until after 6 six. I always have to call them to find out if they have mailed my payment. I don't like calling ss companies but lately there have been more, I need to call. They pay good that's why I've kept them.

Reply by Roadie_MD on 1/6/11 8:51pm
Msg #367394

MobileZ71, your profile says you are in MD

Is that not the case?

I make it a habit of asking for PayPal payment from companies with poor payment practices. If they need you bably enough they will do it. I think I could probably be persuaded to do it for $150, as 35 miles isn't all that far, IMO. Of course there are other things to consider, like time of day, if it is in the city, tolls, etc. and of course I don't know what your normal fee is. Only you can decide what will make it worthwhile for you.

Reply by Yowheelz on 1/8/11 3:07pm
Msg #367626

here in Md's soybean and cornfield land, 35 mi is a start

But I won't work for Final Link anymore, takes tooooooooooo long to get paid

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.