Notary Rotary
Fingerprinting Scan Flub!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Beth Lukehart on 1/11/11 8:17pm
Msg #368147

What do you do if your fingerprints don't scan well?! The fingerprinter scanned my prints over and over, but crossed lines kept showing up over the prints, giving only "D" and "Reject" readings...she sent them that way in the hopes they'll pass! I'm worried! What happens if they don't pass?!! I'm in So. California.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/11/11 8:45pm
Msg #368149

From what I've read, either the DOJ or the FBI could reject them and you'll have to have them done again. I'd call the SoS's office and ask for guidance. In all likelihood, they'll suggest you have them done again.

Reply by Dennis_IN on 1/11/11 9:42pm
Msg #368157

If your prints get rejected ask if they can code the uncooperative finger(s) unable to scan. We had to do this for some employees during the Census. The fingerprint scanner was very sensitive to scars and/or worn prints resulting in a reject. If we could not get a good set after 4-5 attempts we had to place them on inactive status.
Good luck.

Reply by kathy/ca on 1/11/11 10:15pm
Msg #368158

Beth, this happened to me due to worn fingerprints, after

the 3rd rejection by the FBI (DOJ accepted them), they had me fill out a form of some kind as I recall and because there were no other issues on me except my worn out fingerprints they finally accepted it. It took time but finally they said "okay". Nothing you can do meantime, I tried but was told it had to go through the process. Good luck!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/11/11 11:51pm
Msg #368164

Maybe Cheryl or someone else who does fingerprinting will chime in on this, but I'm wondering if you might have more success somewhere with newer, perhaps more (or less??) sensitive equipment. I generally go to the local police department and overheard someone talking about how much trouble they have with rejects. In fact, the person who did mine said that it was common for the machine to reject some fingers. We had to do some several times before they were read.

(Which office did you go to? Maybe it's the same one I had trouble with... Wink

Reply by Cari on 1/12/11 1:13am
Msg #368175

I take fingerprints. And for those that have their rigids

pretty worn down, for whatever reason, I always ask them to re-wash their hands, and then dry them well. I then take my roller ink and slab away, its a frickin' mess, BUT, it gets the job done all the time! The prints come out nice and purty...

Do you have to have electronic prints? Can you go and get ink prints done?

Reply by JanetK_CA on 1/12/11 3:31am
Msg #368178

I think they have to be live scan in CA now n/m

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 1/12/11 7:31am
Msg #368184

I had this problem

that's exactly what the guy did, had me wash my hands for a few minutes, then use moisturizer, and that did the trick.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.