Notary Rotary
Followup to that shipping issue yesterday
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Shoshana/AZ on 1/20/11 1:22pm
Msg #369360

I completed the signing. I called the customer to see about getting a label. The answer I got was that UPS was going to come to my house tomorrow to pick up the package and slap a label on it! That's a first for me. anyone hear of this before? Can I just leave the envelope on the front porch?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/20/11 2:13pm
Msg #369368

"Can I just leave the envelope on the front porch?"

I wouldn't...I want to see UPS pick it up, put the label on it and scan it in...

But that's me..

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/20/11 2:14pm
Msg #369369

Oh..and I've had this happen with merchandise returns

They send the courier out with the return label - never on a signing package though.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 1/20/11 2:21pm
Msg #369375

Re: "Can I just leave the envelope on the front porch?"

I don't feel good about it...but I have signings to do tomorrow and errands to run. I can't sit home to wait for UPS.
I wish she would have just sent me a label, which is what I asked her to do. I could have just dropped it off and gotten a receipt.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/20/11 2:22pm
Msg #369376

Then ask her for one...tell her you're not comfortable

with leaving the package outside and unattended...

Brownie points..Smile

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 1/20/11 2:27pm
Msg #369380

Re: Then ask her for one...tell her you're not comfortable

I did. But she sent me an email in bold type that this was her only option. I don't understand how or why. She did say that she couldn't have it picked up today because she addressed the first label to my PO Box. She voided out that one when they told her that they don't pick up from PO Boxes.
I told her I would have to leave it on the front porch.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 1/20/11 2:31pm
Msg #369383

Ugh..Shoshana...keep your fingers crossed... n/m

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 1/20/11 2:51pm
Msg #369389

Yeah... I know.

Well, she made the arrangements. They are in a small town. Evidentally, all their closings are local. They have no idea how to do remote closings. She would have asked me to send it back via the Post Office if I let her.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 1/20/11 3:20pm
Msg #369396

Re: Yeah... I know.

Maybe it is just a case of her not knowing that there are other options when it comes to shipping the package back via UPS or any other way?

I would probably call UPS to see about making arrangements to meet them or something before leaving the package unattended. It has personal information of borrowers in it and I would want to have proof that UPS was actually the ones that picked it up. Also, I would want to record the tracking number for my own records.

If you explain your situation to UPS they might be able to help you with arrangements. I wouldn't think that they want to pick up unattended packages any more than you want to leave it there for them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.