Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
For those wondering about SIL situation...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Marian_in_CA on 1/28/11 6:19pm
Msg #370437

Since it was rescheduled, the SIL decided not to show up. However, it was the sweetest old couples I've ever met. I got there and there was another woman there, but it turned out to be a neighbor who was there for some lunch.

When I walked in, the wife said, "Oh, good! I made you some lunch!" It was as if I was one of her children, she was so sweet. After we finished signing, she insisted I eat since it was lunchtime. I usually never accept food/drinks at appointments, but it was one of those times where you just had to if you were going to get out of there. Besides, it was kind of out in the middle of the the national forest and I was over an hour from home.

This lady made a macaroni quiche dish and a garden salad....and she made enough for an army. It's clear that she helps feed her neighbors, many of whom are elderly. She had them all packed up and was talking about how she was going to go deliver lunch when we were done.

It was one of those appointments where you go in expecting one thing, and you get the complete opposite.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 1/28/11 6:25pm
Msg #370440

Sounds like you had a great time. Good thing you had the

time to spare for lunch. If only all our appointments were so enjoyable!

Reply by Lee/AR on 1/28/11 6:55pm
Msg #370449

Yep. Mostly when I go in loaded for bear, all I get is squirrels or bunnies.

Reply by James Dawson on 1/28/11 7:31pm
Msg #370460

Awh I thought I was gonna learn something n/m

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 1/28/11 8:33pm
Msg #370468

Re: Awh I thought I was gonna learn something

Well, I learned not to say, "No," when you're being offered lunch by a lovely elderly lady who gives you that puppy dog look.... Smile

There are some areas where you just have to kick back and be friendly, especially in the smaller, remote towns. I'm okay with it.

Reply by pat/WA on 1/28/11 8:52pm
Msg #370473

SIL

What is SIL?

Reply by FlaNotary2 on 1/28/11 9:06pm
Msg #370475

Sister in law n/m

Reply by pat/WA on 1/28/11 10:31pm
Msg #370481

Re: Sister in law

I had one of those. wonderful I miss her

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/28/11 9:32pm
Msg #370477

Marian, thanks for the story. It might just be the week

I've had, but now I'm all smiles, feeling warm and fuzzy, and genuinely treasuring my signers.

(I bet luncheon was delicious. A few days ago, signed some folks I'd signed a couple of years ago - first and second, both with fab rates/terms. She made Grandpa and I a box of cupcakes. I ordered a Valentine cake for Dad.)

Thanks again.

Reply by Julie/MI on 1/29/11 6:35am
Msg #370495

Re: Marian, thanks for the story. It might just be the week

After 10 years of seeing cats walking on counters with clumbs of kitty litter falling of their behinds and landing on counter, ladies licking their fingers and dipping back into the frost bowl, and spaghetti sauce cooks taking a taste out off the wooden spoon and putting in back in the LAST thing I do now is purchase from bake sales or eat other's foods.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 1/29/11 7:29pm
Msg #370563

Hum. Well, I've eaten meals prepared by 'others' all

my life, and I'm still here - so, so far so good.

I eat at restaurants too, gleefully - even though I've worked in that industry, and have seen some incredible inedible things.

Guess I take the breaking of bread with friends and family an essential and enjoyable experience, as food is one commonality of every living thing on Earth.

(In this particular case, Mrs. Borrower is a professional cake/cupcake maker, and is doing quite well.)

But, to each his own.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.