Notary Rotary
Global Notary-Heads UP
Notary Discussion History

Global Notary-Heads UP
Go Back to January, 2011 Index

Posted by Mary Ellen Elmore on 1/28/11 1:24pm
Msg #370356

Global Notary-Heads UP

They just called and offered me an e-doc signing at a min. of 45 minutes one-way (could be an hour+ one way all they told me was the town and its a rural place and large).

Asked would I do it for a base fee of $40 + $20 for e-docs.

I said no, they said they'd see if they could get my fee approved but they probably could not as they are not a TC.

After researching them on SC and in the forum--they are the one and same as Nations Direct--also low ballers, slow pay if they pay.

The man said his name was "Jeremy".

Reply by Jack/AL on 1/28/11 3:47pm
Msg #370401

If you take it, beware of faxbacks! One recent set of printed instructions stated that for signings on Thursday or Friday, the ENTIRE package must be faxed back, and then wait for approval to ship. Nobody had mentioned the faxbacks, and dummy me, I had not asked. I did it, the entire 147 pages!!! Thought I'd be careful the next time, and was a little, for it was only 97 pages. The time to load and send the fax for my last signing actually took longer than the signing, at 1 hour and 15 minutes! During that time, I got one phone call and two automatic emails telling me in BOLD letters to FAX THE PACKAGE IMMEDIATELY! Before one recent signing, three people told me they'd be certain that I did not get the automatic emails, for I knew I'd not be able to get back to the office until 1.5 hours later. Got back to 6 emails, with more coming while I faxed. They were staggered from 4 minutes to 30 minutes apart. With all the calls, emails (which are automatic), faxbacks, and their wanting to go lower and lower on fees, I've just declined a job and asked to be removed from their list. I'm slow, but I do learn...........

Reply by Mary Ellen Elmore on 1/29/11 12:24am
Msg #370487

I would never accept one from them with the up front offer of $60.

Knowing they are also Nations Direct using an old name (they appear to change names every so often)--I would never accept a job from them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.